Super weird bug.

steffenmand

Question

I have two drives for two different google accounts. For this i have two different drives setup.

Here comes the weird part.

After a dismount (due to rate limit (please raise chunk size!)) all copied to drive #2 will suddently appear as "To Upload" on drive #1. I'm kind of worried that the files won't be placed at the right place, as i use them individually for different items.

EDIT #1: I noticed that both drives suddently now got the same drive name, eventhough the names are different inside the Stablebit overview. Did it somehow think it is the same drive twice ? Entering the drive they have the correct files on each drive, but the names are just the same...

What to do ? Logs don't show anything different than normal upload stuff with lots of "Rate Limit Exceeded" and "User Rate Limit Exceeded" and "Internal Error"

Edit #2: After having detached both drives, they now show up as the same drive when i want to attach :( Would seem that somehow stuff from the first drive got copied to the second drive, so they think they are the same drive. Hopefully i didn't loose everything on the drive :(

Edit #3: After mounting both again, they are now fine again. Really weird issue!

3 answers to this question

Could you get screenshots of what you mean? 

It's not entirely clear what you mean here. 

Also, if you're still seeing rate limit exceeded on newer drives (eg, 20MB chunks, with 1MB partial reads), could you get logs and upload them (if you have already, link me the thread) 

It's not easy to reproduce it completely. But it happens after several drives dismounts due to IO errors. 

Lets say i have two drives #1 named "Drive 1" and #2 "Drive 2"

They both dismount and i press retry on both within a few seconds.

Then the weird part happened. 

After the remount both drives were now named "Drive 2" and everytime i copied items to #2, all the "To Upload" was shown on #1, as if #1 thought it was #2. The folders however was fine on each drive. detach and reattach fixes the issue, but the saved name may change permanently, so i have to remember to rename when attaching the drive again.

I have disabled the IO auto dismount feature in my settings now to avoid the issue, as i sometimes woke up seeing both my drives being dismounted due to "unable to download from" bla bla. 

Regarding Rate Limit Exceeded, i get it all the time with 20 MB chunks and 20 MB partial reads. My line simply is too fast(1 gbit) and i would love to get larger chunks to solve the issue (maybe 50MB or up to 100 MB).

The issue comes because my stuff finish, so fast that i get too many api calls. So instead i get the error and have to retry tons of threads :) Stuff are like 50% orange(retry color) if i look in the technical window

I have uploaded several logs to you the last few months - they should all show the same :)