Damaged pooled hdd

zhup

Question

Hi,

I have two pooled hdds (duplication).

Yesterday the scanner informed me that one of hdds is damaged (unable to read 8 sectors, problem concerns only one file) - see attachment.

I removed this damaged hdd from the pool, than I deleted this file from this hdd and I pooled this drive again.

Now only 15GB are duplicated and the checking still continues - see second attachment.

What should I do now?

Wait or remove again the broken hdd and replace with new one?

post-2155-0-87068500-1474140359_thumb.png

post-2155-0-44349000-1474140364_thumb.png

7 answers to this question

Any advices?

I removed this damaged hdd from the pool (unable to read 8 sectors, problem concerns only one file), than I deleted this file from this hdd and I pooled this drive again.

How long will take the process of pooling? Threre is only 1,7TB of data.

Next to the prgress bar ther are two icons, one is a cross to cancel the operation, the other increases priority. I alwasy press that on when I have something going on, IMHO it makes a lot of difference (at a cost of performance to other tasks).

I can not find the icon to increase the priority.

I can not find the icon to increase the priority.

I drew a red circle around it for you but can not upload the pic (it says "You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files")...

So when you are in the DP GUI, at the bottom there is a long bar just above version number? To the right of that is an "X" and a doubled arrow (Fast forward sign). Use the latter.