Changing License to a differnet device

Mavol

Question

Hello there!

I purchased a license and applied it to my desktop machine. I just built a server yesterday, and would like to move my stablebit drive to my server. I tried to install it and apply the license but it says that the license is not found for htis machine. If I uninstall the client on my desktop and not use it, will it free up the license to use on the server? Do I have to purchase another one entirely if i only use it on the one machine?

Also, will i have to reupload my stablebit drive to my provider when i set it up on the server instead of my desktop? Or can i just reauthorize and attach it and it'll be as normal?

Thank you kindly!

Mavol

3 answers to this question

You just re-attach your existing drive on your sever and all your data will be there.   Give it 5 minutes to attach the drive and sync the file structure, then it will show up. 

Open the software on your desktop, then click on the cog on the top right, click "manage license" then click deactivate.   Then you can re-activate it on your server. 

Thank you Eldite! I was seeing also that I could see my other computer in the dropdown where my current computer name is. This is much better to manage on the server, are there any builds that support Linux currently? The box i just built i ended up putting Windows 2012 R2 on just to be safe, but would really like a Linux box down the road. Thanks again!