Windows 2012 R2 File Copy Verification Failed

hkarpf6045

Question

I've got folder level duplication enabled, but when it gets done balancing/duplicating there are always duplication warnings.  See the attached screenshot.  I've tried "Duplicate Now" multiple times and this still happens every time.  Anyone else run into this issue, or any ideas to figure out what's going on?

post-1396-0-65872000-1472221324_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I've got folder level duplication enabled, but when it gets done balancing/duplicating there are always duplication warnings.  See the attached screenshot.  I've tried "Duplicate Now" multiple times and this still happens every time.  Anyone else run into this issue, or any ideas to figure out what's going on?

Just to add more information, right now I'm using 2.1.1.561.

Could you grab the logs? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Also, do you have StableBit Scanner installed on the system?

And, have you enabled any advanced settings (with the config file)? 

I'll grab the logs in the next day or so.  Yes I have Stable bit (and all drives are fine).  And Yes I have verify after copy enabled (I think that's an advanced config directive?).

I thought so. 

I've personally had issues with the "Verify on Copy" setting enabled, causing a lot of false positives.  At the time, I dismissed it because my system was having all sorts of other issues too. 

Most likely, this *is* a false positive and the files are fine.  That likely it was moving the files around and didn't properly compute the checksum. 

However, if you could grab the logs, just to make sure.   And at the very least, I'll flag this as an issue so that it will get fixed/resolved.

I am having the exact same issue.  With DrivePool_VerifyAfterCopy enabled, some files show "Fail copy verification failed."

Disabling verification makes the duplication work properly, and after it finished I have found the files and hashed each copy - they are identical.

This is happening any time it has to duplicate a bunch of files - most noticably after removing a drive.  In fact, I was only able to remove a drive by either choosing duplicate later, or disabling verification.

Drivepool version 2.1.1.561

Would you like me to send in my logs so you can check it out?  Or are hkarpf6045's sufficient?