I/O Error - Cyclic Redundancy Check

feerlessleadr

Question

Hi - I was using Microsoft Synctoy to sync a large number of folders from my local drivepool to the mounted google drive through clouddrive. I was just about to finish the initial sync, and I noticed that the cloud drive was reporting the 'To Upload' as about 60MB, and although it said that it was uploading, the 'To Upload' amount was not dropping as it should. I left if for a few hours yesterday and came back, and it has been stuck at 10MB within 'To Upload' ever since. 

I am getting an I/O error that has to deal with  cyclic redundancy check (see below screenshot):

HpZtLFy.png

I was doing some searching on the forum, and noticed I wasn't on the latest beta, as the version I was using was 1.0.0.631. I updated to version .696, and my problem has persisted, and it is now also stuck on Pinning Data (as per the screenshot as well). 

Here is some additional info on my setup:

What OS are you using? (run "winver" to check) - I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1151 (64bit)

What version of StableBit CloudDrive are you using? (check the bottom of the UI) - .696

What provider are you using? - Google Drive (unlimited storage, even though Cloud Drive shows 10TB limit)

Does the UI have any errors? - See above screenshot.

Additionally, please see attached for the zip file of the attached error (both before and after the upgrade). I had to use dropbox since the sizes were too big for the post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6qkcsgcqh7yz2w/Service%20-%20696%20Beta.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/356m9h6aqohzs0j/Service%20-%20Older%20Beta.zip?dl=0

14 answers to this question

So just as an update, I've let the drive sit since yesterday, and no change. My scheduled sync ran last night, and while cloud drive is reporting the status as green, it is not uploading anything (there is currently about 2TB of information in the 'To Upload' bucket. 

The same I/O error is ocurring over and over though (see below screenshot)

AcU17dU.png

Are you using some sort of web filter on the network? 

Because the CRC errors indicate a checksum issue (IIRC), meaning that the files are not being uploaded properly to Google Drive.

I've flagged the issue for Alex (the Developer) to make sure.

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27162

So the only thing I could think of is that I have a smart DNS running on my router, and I have the google DNS servers specifically routed to nowhere (for ads, chromecast, etc.). I just removed everything on the router and rebooted my server. Unfortunately, I was doing all of this remotely, and something happened on my network, so I now can't connect to my machine until I get back home and troubleshoot.

With that in mind though, do you think that could have something to do with the problems? 

::EDIT:: not sure what happened, but my machine came back online, and with both my smart DNS disabled, as well as the google DNS address routing removed, it has began uploading again, so that must have been the culprit. After everything is uploaded, I'll try to re-enable the smart DNS to see if that causes the same problem, if not, then I'll know for sure it was the google DNS routing.

Thanks!

Just wanted to re-open this thread since the same problem as my initial post has come back again. I am nearing a nearly week-long sync, and the upload is stuck at 10MB for the last few hours, with no upload going on.

the status is reporting green, and I'm getting the same Data Error as my original post.

IUqZ1AP.png

here is the drive trace log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydror5l5gwk411y/Service.zip?dl=0

I have made sure that there is no web filter on my box or on my router. 

I've also noticed that the size of my cloud drive as reported in the app is different than that reported in 'My Computer'. It looks like the app says that the current used space of my cloud drive is 10TB, but Windows is reporting the used space as 8.47TB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Not that it helps you, but I have the exact same issue.  Just stuck on the same block, giving a CRC error, continuously for over 24 hours.   168GB left to upload.  I've upgraded to v722, restarted the machine, cleared the cache.  No dice.  

It downloads data just fine, so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be a connectivity issue.

First I'm going to try attaching another drive on the same machine just to confirm the issue is specific to that virtual disk and not connectivity etc. 

Then I'm thinking I'll detach the drive, delete the hidden cache folder and re-attach.  I'll end up with file links to data that doesn't exist because it hasn't been uploaded yet, but I'm hoping a chkdsk will fix that. 

CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. Data error (cyclic redundancy check) 2016-09-13 11:27:46Z 908032716
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. Data error (cyclic redundancy check) 2016-09-13 11:27:57Z 943501727
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. Data error (cyclic redundancy check) 2016-09-13 11:28:08Z 978982975
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. Data error (cyclic redundancy check) 2016-09-13 11:28:19Z 1015000538
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Failed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check) 2016-09-13 11:28:30Z 1051238298
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [IoManager:29] [W] Error writing range: Offset=2,889,435,054,080. Length=10,485,760. Data error (cyclic redundancy check). 2016-09-13 11:28:30Z 1051571749

Let you know how it goes. 

I attached a new drive on the same machine and it's running happily so not a connectivity problem.   

I can't detach the messed up drive because it still has data to upload that it can't upload.   So I'm thinking I'll stop the service, rename the cache folder, restart the service and re-attach.   It's 2am now and work tomorrow, so that's a problem for tomorrow. 

Now the other drive is failing too, the error has changed with the upgrade, I get this on both drives now.    Nothing uploads at all. 

22:46:12.1: Warning: 0 : [IoManager:14] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
22:46:30.5: Warning: 0 : [IoManager:14] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I tested downloading something and it works, but it gives a lot of "Rate Limit Exceeded" errors.   Not sure if that is relevant, or that's a separate issue.  Could be related. 

I would really appreciate someone from Stablebit stepping in here because this makes the product unusable.   What information do you need from us?

Cheers

Just as an update from my end, there is no update. the 'To Upload' is stuck at 10.2MB (.2 MB have been added since my last post), and my CRC errors are over 8k. restarts of the server don't do anything, and I've confirmed there are no filters or anything like that on my network. 

Similar to eldite, I am unable to detatch the drive, since there is still pending data to be uploaded.

As mentioned, after I upgraded to the latest version the "CRC Errors" turned into "I/O Errors".   Then I checked my event log, I found windows was reporting timeouts trying to read from the disk.   I removed the disk and restarted CloudDrive.  I used a new cache drive and all good.   So I assume it was my cache disk (however I have recently done a full read/write of the entire drive with no issues).   

Running fine since changing the cache disk.   I ran a chkdsk on the Cloud drive because obviously some data will be missing/invalid that was on the cache disk and could not be uploaded.