Plex+DrivePool+CloudDrive

Carbonic

Question

Hello, hoping someone can give me a tip here.

I've set up my Plex library on a DrivePool drive that is set to save everything in triplicate - once on a local drive and then two more copies on two attached CloudDrive drives. This seemed like a great idea to me - until I started trying to actually use Plex.

I noticed things seemed slow to load - even just the info screen. Suspecting it might be because of the cloud drives, I tested having a Plex library folder that's entirely local, and clicking on those titles opened their info page nearly instantly as it's supposed to work.

Now, I don't have a gigabit connection or anything, but I'd think my 150mbit connection should be enough to keep up with things. (I haven't tested library files accessed directly from the cloud drive - that might be interesting to see if that performs better.) In any case...

TL;DR: If I turn off drive read striping, is there a way to tell DrivePool to always prioritize reading from the local drive?

3 answers to this question

Read Striping is actually what would pick the drive based on the performance/activity.  

However, we should probably do some sort of optimization to help avoid using CloudDrive disks here (assuming we're not already). 

However, as for performance:

• What size is your cache? 
  • Have you tried changing the prefetching triggers? 
  • what size chunks are you using (eg, have you changed them)
  • What provider are you using? 
  • And most importantly: what version of StableBit CloudDrive are you using?