Throttle upload speed

hkarpf6045

Question

I'm exploring cloud drive and am using the 30 day trial.  I've noticed my ISP craps out (Cox, connection dies) if I utilize my full upload bandwidth for too long...Is there a way to limit the upload bandwidth used?  I've seen some screenshots where there is the option in I/O performance, such as the one in this thread: http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2107-plex-recommended-settings/

However, in my version (maybe it's a trial version thing), there is not option for that.

post-1396-0-92988300-1471613414_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Two things: 

All of our trials are fully featured.  That means that there are no hidden or locked features when your testing. 

The second is that the bandwidth limits are only available in newer versions. 

The latest public beta release is the 1.0.0.463 build (that you're likely on).

If you would like, you can grab  the latest internal beta here: 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

And I'd recommend the 1.0.0.696 build. 

As for the connection... most likely, the high, extended usage is causing the router (or possibly the modem) to crap out. 

I have Cox as well, and had issues until I moved over to a "custom built" router (Sophos, similar to pfSense). I'm guessing that this is what you're experience. But then again, it could be an issue with the local infrastructure. 

You're very welcome. 

So power cycling the modem fixed it? 

If so, then it's definitely having issues or isn't able to keep up.  It may be worth replacing... and you should definitely call Cox about that.  If you can reliably reproduce this (and power cycling ONLY the modem fixes the issue), then it should definitely show up on the modem's internal logs.  

As for issues with Cox, I can't really speak to that.  I'm using a business line, and have been for ~3 years now.  Every time I've called in, either "we're experiencing an outage" or their support has been super helpful and very on point.  But since I'm on the business plan, I may be getting a completely different experience than you, or I may be just getting lucky with which techs get connected.