Cache not being fully used

worldtravelgeek

Question

Hi! 

I have searched the forum a bit but didnt really find an answer to this. How is CloudDrive supposed to use the cache when I set it to a very large amount. In my case I set it to 20 GB (the Cloud Drive has about 40 GB data), but I noticed that CD only uses about 80 MB of cache. Shouldnt it download more data into the cache if I set it to 20GB or how can I make sure that certain files are actually being cached? I know, there is no way yet to right click on a folder and cache that folder but is there no way to actually influence what goes into the cache except opening each file so it gets downloaded?
post-2417-0-13256500-1471339839_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Yeah, maybe.

However, so far my experience with the CloudDrive and its cache hasnt been so great on the road. It is fine at home when I have fast wifi and access to the cloud drive is swift. However, on the road, with various slow wifi providers in hotels etc my experience over the last few days were actually quite bad. 

I dont have any influence on what is cached. Even if I go to each directory and start a few video files, CD will only cache the first few minutes of the video apparently. Even if it cached the whole video, its just a drag to go to each directory I might need on the road and open each file individually to make sure it is actually being cached. I think, without a proper way to let the user influence what is cached, CD is pretty much useless on the road when you cannot guarantee fast internet. 

Right now, I only have a very small (125 GB) drive for testing. My initial plan to save all my 8 TB of video in the cloud and later access it on the road is probably not doable with CloudDrive. At least not now until I can manually choose what directories to cache offfline.