File Share Provider - Failing remount

JscoLP

Question

Hello,

I have been having lots of problems with the file share provider lately. I use the provider to keep my documents on my NAS, and still let dropbox sync to it (it doesnt work with a network path natively). I am having trouble pinning down the exact cause of this, maybe the computer sleeping? However if I try to reconnect the drive it fails immediately. If I reboot the computer cloud drive will pick up the share just fine.

Thanks!

Edit: latest beta 682

15 answers to this question

Are you just experiencing the remounting issue? 
And is this happening at startup, when it wakes up, other? 

Are you able to reliably reproduce the issue? 

If it is, could you grab logs of when this happens?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection

Additionally, I'd recommend posting this at https://stablebit.com/Contact(if you haven't already). 

Thanks for your help, answers below:

> Are you just experiencing the remounting issue? 

In general yes, hard to really tell what is happening. I think it is usually when the computer sleeps.

> And is this happening at startup, when it wakes up, other? 

On boot it works fine. Usually wake up.

> Are you able to reliably reproduce the issue? 

For the most part, it happens every day.

> If it is, could you grab logs of when this happens?

I tried to grab the logs and a few things happened.

1. In an error state the disk tracing function produced a 0kb file with no data

2. Boot time tracing did not produce any logs in C:\ProgramData\StableBit CloudDrive\Service\Logs\CloudFsDisk

3. After reboot, cloud drive was fine. Ran drive tracing and it produced an etl file with data. Should I still send this?

Sorry, this was "finished" in a ticket, so the answer didn't get posted here as well. 

Unmount the drive.  

Disconnect the account you're using (for the share),

Log back in, but make sure you use "RemoteComputerName\Username" for the user name. 

You should see the drive, and should be able to mount it. 

After doing this, the issue should "go away." 

Yes it appears that I still have the issue, if I unmount the drive I am unable to remount it even if I try to reauthenticate.  The only option that would work is destroy unless I restart my PC then it will reconnect. I also can't create any new drives, and have them successfully mount, however it will create the files in the file share and the new drive will mount when I restart as well. 

Well I wasn't experiencing the issue anymore, but I noticed that my computer started freezing with my cloud drives active. I had the one file share and one dropbox clouddrive active and after a while my computer would become unresponsive.  I had to disable the cloud drives after a hard reset and I wont be running them for the time being.  

I wish I had more to provide you like an error or something, I'll try to check the logs later but I only really spend time at that desktop during the week while I'm working. 

Yeah but I have not experienced it since I've been back at my desk this week. But I have not been pushing clouddrive like I was.

Not a problem.  Alex has been doing some testing, so I'll let him know. 

But seriously, we absolutely know how that goes.  When you're looking for it to happen, that's when everything wants to work properly. :)