Cloud Drive mounted on more then one PC

saitoh183

Question

Im loving this sweet piece of software and it is exactly what i was looking for in order to add other drives in another pc to my drivepool. But i have a question in regards to google drive.

I have a plex setup and a slow upload (10mbit) so when i get too many people outside my home streaming, its not always the greatest. So my plan was to get a dedicated server or vps and install plex on it and using CloudDrive, mount my gdrive with a portion of my library.

Now i have tested plex with Clouddrive on my Local plex and it played the video no problem. My plan was to mount Gdrive on my local machine, add it to my pool via drivepool, duplicate the folders i need to my cloud drive and then mount that same drive in my deadicated/vps. But im guessing i cant mount the same drive at both places at once?

I know i could use Plex Cloud sync but the problem is that it seems to not report watched status back to plex server which is a deal breaker in a way and also it is stated that it is not meant to duplicate entire libraries to the cloud.

6 answers to this question

Well, glad to hear that you're loving the software! :)

Nope. Sorry. 

The short of it is: we don't allow that due to data sync/corruption issues with doing so.

Thanks for the reply...guess i will have to find another solution for my cloud plan.

Just host in the cloud and get a server to run the plex server

Are you offering? :P

Better question, you know of a good, cheap VPS that offers unlimited gigabit networking, and Windows OS's? 

Thanks for the reply...guess i will have to find another solution for my cloud plan.

Since you were planning for a VPS or dedicated server already,   you could set up a VPN on it.  That way, you could VPN in, add content to the drive (via a share, maybe) and then disconnect.

Are you offering? :P

Better question, you know of a good, cheap VPS that offers unlimited gigabit networking, and Windows OS's? 

Since you were planning for a VPS or dedicated server already,   you could set up a VPN on it.  That way, you could VPN in, add content to the drive (via a share, maybe) and then disconnect.

You can use a hetzner server www.hetzner.de. They are dedicated servers where you can get windows on the box - aren't that expensive - it all depends on the box :)

Well what im looking for is a a vps or dedicated server that i can host plex and mount my google drive for my content. This is for my family not me... Since i cant use Cloud Drive, my only other option is to use Goodsync to keep my Gdrive and local content in sync. So i have the data upload covered. I need a a vps that can handle some transcoding but i will try to convert all my media to mp4 format which should allow for direct streaming instead of having to transcode, Im still shopping around cuz i already have a FeralHosting (10 GPB/m ) seedbox but they dont allow root access so i cant mount my gdrive. I dont need much disk space since my Gdrive will have all my content. Also im in Canada so trying to find something close to home. Since CloudDrive is off the table, it doesnt need to be windows anymore.