DrivePool + CloudDrive usage case

LindsayCole

Question

Hey everyone,

I'm essentially looking to use Cloud Drive with my storage provider as a location where DrivePool and duplicate files to. I want no unduplicated files placed on the Cloud Drive.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Also Alex (and team): is it possible to get email notifications setup included in CloudDrive for when there is an error, or if the drive becomes unmounted?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Where the CloudDrive disk is part of the pool?  If so, check the balancing options, and the "Drive Usage Limiter" specifically.  Uncheck "Unduplicated" for the CloudDrive.  That should prevent it from placing unduplicated data on the drive, and move any that is already there, off of the disk.

As for email notifications: 

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27129

Requested

One other question, if a drive that is a storage location for duplicated data only, drops from the pool (ie: Cloud Drive becomes unmounted)- will the pool become read only until it returns?

Thanks,

Yes. Any time a pooled disk goes missing, the pool is put into a read only mode.  This is ESPECIALLY for duplication, so that data doesn't get out of sync.