ACD Unlimited & Plex

ManuelG

Question

Hi, i´m from germany and here its now possible to sign up for ACD unlimited, wich sounds pretty cool.

i have at home plex server with right now around 13TB, but its near full and old...

So, on change to a new pc my raid is going to break up...

1.? Is there anyone that use Stablebit to store every movies and series on ACD and watch movies etc with Stablebit on the fly?

2.? How is the experience with Amazon and Stablebit...

yesterday i try netdrive, but i just get around 4/0,5mbit and i´m here at 400/50mbit

so i break up, and want to try this software...

3.? When i create a  storrage with Stablebit and upload everything to Amazon Cloud, whats up, when i get a news computer ore it crash, can i reconnect to it?
Course as i see it looks like Stablebit dont use the Storrage as it is, it sams it create a container like truecrypt etc...

Anyone may give me answers?!

14 answers to this question

You will get way better speeds with stablebit as it is threaded and devided into chunks. that way you can dowbload up to 20 pieces at a time and in theory get 20x4 mbit on the download (or maybe more). As an extra benefit you get your files encrypted if you want, so they wont know what you are hosting :-)

I stream video just fine using stablebit - just make sure you have upload verification turned on.

You can always attach it on another computer.

Plex currently just takes a loooooooong time to index in for instance plex until they get an improved pinning engine in that can save the data we need locally

Btw! remember to use the latest beta build:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/?C=M;O=Di recommend .667 as it seems stable right now. these new betas have huge improvements to the public one :-) - call it a benefit from being on the forums and giving them input.

You will get way better speeds with stablebit as it is threaded and devided into chunks. that way you can dowbload up to 20 pieces at a time and in theory get 20x4 mbit on the download (or maybe more). As an extra benefit you get your files encrypted if you want, so they wont know what you are hosting :-)

I stream video just fine using stablebit - just make sure you have upload verification turned on.

You can always attach it on another computer.

Plex currently just takes a loooooooong time to index in for instance plex until they get an improved pinning engine in that can save the data we need locally

Btw! remember to use the latest beta build:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/?C=M;O=Di recommend .667 as it seems stable right now. these new betas have huge improvements to the public one :-) - call it a benefit from being on the forums and giving them input.

thx for reply, what settings are good for ACD and Sector size, Storage Chung and Chunk size ?

and what is the minimum download size ? also 10?

Just checked amazon myself.I can get max 200 mbit with 20 threads and 20 mb chunks. In general i cant get above 10 mbit pr. file on Amazon - maybe its because it is being run in developer mode.

Google gives way better speeds, but unfortunately we are limited on the chunk size on that provider, which leads to Rate Limit Exceeded errors

When i try to change upload threads to more than 2 it shows a message saying that ACD only accepts 2.

I really like clouddrive but i'm getting better speeds with netdrive2, i'm thinking going back to netdrive, can't upload more than 15 Teras at 40Mbits/s

Is there a release date as production mode instead developer mode?

I'm getting very low speeds for ACD (40Mbits/s) (with other sync apps i'm getting 15-20MBytes/s), what's the best config to upload faster? at this speed it's not possible to upload a video library

This may be normal. 

Specifically, right now, we are hard coding the max speed of the provider, because we are stuck in "development status" due to .. well, BS on Amazon's end. 

Specifically, the rate limites for ACD are: 

Maximum DL: 50 Megabits /s
Maximum UL: 20 Megabits /s
Maximum number of UL connections: 2
Maximum number of DL connections: 4

You can read more about this here:

Can't get google drive unlimited (i'm not a student and my company has less than 5 users), i'ts only 1TB per user

This is incorrect. 

Yes the site does list that, but  they don't enforce that, just signup for the unlimited as one user and you will be charged 10 bucks a month for unlimited. You will also need to pay for a domain name for the year, for me it was 12 bucks a year.

I have had Google Drive Unlimited as a single user with unlimited space for 3 years now.