amazon api key not working

WBadminUser

Question

Saw the change log about the new amazon cloud drive, however i am having trouble connecting.

I have provided the Client ID and Secret and provided the return url as 

Allowed Return URLs icon-tooltip.png

but i get the following 

smile_sad_128.png
Oops...
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Controller: Redirect Action: AmazonCloudDrive System.Data.Entity.Validation.DbEntityValidationException: Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details. at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run[TException,TResult](Func`2 Func, Action`1 Control) at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run[TResult](Func`2 Func, Action`1 Control) at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run(Action`1 Action, Action`1 Control) at StableBitWeb.DB_17829_stablebitEntities.SaveChanges() at StableBitWeb.RedirectController.SaveCode(OAuth2Model Model) at StableBitWeb.RedirectController.AmazonCloudDrive(OAuth2Model Model) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass42.b__41() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__20() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Any ideas? 

I missed the part about white listing.

Appears to work after doing that. 

*EDIT*

Spoke to soon.

When i name my connection I get an error.

Error connecting to Amazon Cloud Drive

Security error.

*EDIT2*

Just to note the app i created is in the 3rd party apps under settings in my amazon cloud drive with the following.

This connection allows access to:

• Ability to modify your Cloud Drive content.
  • Ability to read your Cloud Drive content.

Hi there!!!

I am really newbie on this, so I would like to apologize if I am wrong...

I would like to test CloudDrive with Amazon Cloud Drive. I have signed up as developer, and I have all data I suppose I need, but I get the same error as WBadminUser got in the first post, I mean "Oops... An error has occurred while processing your request..." and so on...

I am trying to open the Amazon Cloud Drive entry in User Manual, but it is blank, so I have no info at all...

Do I need to do any additional step in order to connect my ACD to the product?

Thanks!!!

Hello Christopher,

I am using last available version (as far as I know), that is, 1.0.0.723...

Yes, of course, I have created the Security Profile at Amazon Developer site... I fact, I can see exactly the same as the screenshot you attached few months ago...

I only did that, the Security Profile creation... I don't know if I must follow some additional steps at Amazon site (app creation? some kind of approval from Amazon side?)

Thanks!

I created a new security profile myself and that doesn't work. So it may be a timing issue, or it may be that Amazon has changed something that prevents the newer profiles from working properly (my guess). 

I've already flagged the issues for Alex, so he can take a look at it. 

Thanks por the info, Christopher!!!

At least, now I know it is not my fault...

I hope Alex finds any workaround soon in order to test CloudDrive properly!!!

Well, Amazon has a new API for Amazon Cloud Drive (or what they're apparently rebanding as "Amazon Drive"..... ugh).  So a new API means rewriting the provider from the ground up, basically..... :(

(and don't worry, backwards compatibility will definitely be maintained)

i'm new around here and i tried 463 and right now this version is working without the api key. i'm currently testing the product to see if it fits my need BUT i tried the latest beta build and i get an error from the api like the OP. i had to roll back to 463.

btw 463 is the version on download section in the website.

i'm already waiting for the next build.

Yup, every version prior to 1.0.0.463 (build 463) does not require the Security Profile (API key), as it's using our security profile.

And yeah, I've tried creating a couple of new profiles, and they all error out. It looks like Amazon has changed something with the newer profiles that don't work right. 

Just an FYI, I was able to get the Web Settings tab back by:

1. Create security profile, enter basic info for both sections
  2. Navigate to the Login With Amazon tab at the top
  3. Selecting Use existing profile and hitting confirm
  4. Setting the Consent URL
  5. Setting the info settings for redirect URL

Unfortunately it still is not working, but it does allow the ability to set the URL...

Just an FYI, I was able to get the Web Settings tab back by:

1. Create security profile, enter basic info for both sections
  2. Navigate to the Login With Amazon tab at the top
  3. Selecting Use existing profile and hitting confirm
  4. Setting the Consent URL
  5. Setting the info settings for redirect URL

Unfortunately it still is not working, but it does allow the ability to set the URL...

yeah, it seems the newer created profiles are not working at all. 

Should we anticipate these issues getting resolved eventually? Or have you guys abandoned developing for the amazon cloud drive provider?

I'm OK with using an experimental provider and having hiccups, but I don't really want to start down this road if it's going to be abandoned in the near term. 

Should we anticipate these issues getting resolved eventually? Or have you guys abandoned developing for the amazon cloud drive provider?

I'm OK with using an experimental provider and having hiccups, but I don't really want to start down this road if it's going to be abandoned in the near term. 

To be completely transparent and honest here....

We don't know.  The answer here *entirely* depends on Amazon.  

As stated here and elsewhere, once we have a new public build out, we do plan on pushing Amazon for an answer, and I (personally) plan on aggressively pushing the issue with Amazon.... so that we can get some straight answers, be those a hard "No", approval, or hard limitations on the API and bandwidth usage. 

But that won't happen until *after* we have a public release.