Buggy behaviour

steffenmand

Question

Hi

I have previously mentioned this issur but will make a thread for it 

Everytime i upload my files are not able to download in any way. with the new unmount on 3 download fails the drive will then end up unmounting - when this happens the current upload gets corrupt as it seems some chunks gets forgotten.

so

#1 Upload blocks for download

#2 Download while uploading causes the 3x download error and causes unmount leaving current upload corrupt

Currently i have to make sure my upload happens when i dont expect to use files for a while (400gb upload sizes)

would be great to be able to upload while also loaading files at the same time

16 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean here, it's a bit confusing. 

There is a newer limit on errors. This is to help prevent Windows from hanging on disk access, which can make the entire system unstable. 

You can change this in the advanced config file though:

"CloudFsDisk_MaximumConsecutiveIoFailures".  Setting it to a higher number increases the number of errors before unmounting the drive. Setting it to 0 disables it (but may cause issues). 

As for the rest, do you mean that the uploads are blocking your downloads outright? 

If so, or regardless, really, could you get logs of this happening?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection

And maybe a video? (as I'm not entirely clear what is going on). 

When i got stuff pending in upload, it is impossible to download data. It seems as if it is totally blocked, but logs doesn't show anything but failed to download. I'm pretty sure that even with a high number in CloudFsDisk_MaximumConsecutiveIoFailures, this will fail rather quickly, as it fails during the entire upload. Same happens as upload builds up while copying to the drive - then no threads (upload or download) are able to run.

While i like the new unmount feature, it does corrupt uploads if it unmounts during an upload. Most likely because either threads were cancelled and marked as upload or simply because upload verification is not able to run - maybe even something else.

I'm using a SSD drive for the drives and it is not anywhere near maxed in speeds or capacity. 

I'll post logs - but as mentioned i don't think you can read a lot.

Ah, okay, thank you for the clarifying. 

It shouldn't be locking out downloads when it's uploading, at all. If it is doing so, that is very, very odd.

As for the logs, if you can get a bit of it when it's happening, that should be helpful. 

Also, a memory dump of the StableBit Cloud Drive Service (CLoudDrive.Service.exe") when this is happening would be helpful as well. 

Im on the latest build. All uploads will in general freeze threads and it is easily reproducible on my servers. After the copy is done, upload threads will start along with upload verification.

If i try to load files while i have upload queued i would get the "could not download" error and it would pretty quickly unmount. when it unmounts the uploading data would be corrupt as some chunks are not properly uploaded. as i dont know which files are fine i have to reupload everything, which was just copied to the drive.

Im on the latest build. All uploads will in general freeze threads and it is easily reproducible on my servers. After the copy is done, upload threads will start along with upload verification.

"latest build" isn't that helpful. An actual number is always better. 

Though, I'm guessing that you're on 1.0.0.672 or 1.0.0.673.

If this is consistently happening, could you enable logging, reproduce it, upload the logs, and outline the steps you used to produce it? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection

I know you've done a chunk of this, but the 22nd was a "long time ago" in terms of build versions. 

Wait, to make sure, you're saying that the upload stalls out when copying data to the pool? 

If so, this may be "expected" behavior, to optimize uploads (eg, not uploading the same chunk multiple times. 

However, you're reporting that it's causing issues if the system tries to download/access that chunk, as well? 

Got time to do it now.

Works better, however a lot of threads got "Internal Error".

While i was reading it was prefetching fine, but when i stopped it seemed to stop prefetching and ended up doing the dismount thing again with some prefetching mb still in queue.

Uploaded logs

After remount it started fine again as no prefetching mb were in queue. Have not had time to test if the file is corrupt yet

The newest stable build (.680) seems to be slightly improved in this area.  Uploading still drops from 400+ Mb/s to about 20 or 30Mb/s when downloading something from the drive at the same time.  Downloads drop to about 20 or 30Mb/s when uploading. This is on a 512GB Samsung 850 Pro cache drive.

EDIT:  Once the files that I want uploaded are fully transferred to the cache, I have no problems getting great speeds with upload and download simultaneously.