Issues with Subsonic not finding new files?

tocheeba

Question

I'm not really looking for subsonic support here, but their forums are a ghost town. I've had StableBit Drivepool for a while, and LOVE it (I can't actually believe I actually trusted FlexRAID before this and lost all my data). I've been running Subsonic just fine on my Drivepool for a while, but haven't added any "new" music since I did the first initial scan. However, I just added new music for the first time, and it never finds it. I've found one other post that said they use stablebit and can't find new music either, but there was never any replies to that topic.

Does anyone else have problems with this? I'm on the latest 6.0 final release, and it's weird since the initial scan works and I use it daily....but now that I'm finally adding new music it never finds it. I know I've had problems with Plex's database residing on my drive pool with media (posters/backgrounds) not displaying, and I guess that's a known issue because of how the file paths are handled....so I'm wondering if that may be the same type of thing happening here.

Any ideas? Anyone else ever heard of this? 

4 answers to this question

Well, Plex's issue is that the pool doesn't support hard links, and it uses that rather than using an actual database. And hardlinks are a very special NTFS object, and not something that we can really add support for in DrivePool. 

As for Subsonic, that is very odd, and I've not seen that.  

I use subsonic, or at least used to. But I've used Madsonic for a long while now, and that generally works better.

In the media folder section, are you using the fast access mode? 

If so, disable it. 

And if you could enable logging in StableBit DrivePool, and then run the "scan media folders now" option?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

I'm also having the issue that new music isn't found by subsonic. The file system I use is just ext4 though... I think it has something to do the new version of subsonic.

I found a workaround that works for me. This is:

- Go to settings

- Disable all media folders & save

- Clean-up database

- Scan media folders now (Check the red '0' and wait until it disappears)

- Enable all media folders & save

- Scan media folders now

This will rescan ALL the music folders and can take quite a long time.

You can pretty much instantly play the new music by looking for it using the 'Index' button in the subsonic web page. JamStash, Clementine, etc. will only show the music once its done scanning.

This is what I've been doing for adding new music, hopefully it works for others too.

My reply is a little late, but maybe it'll still help people :)