Yet another ssd balancer question

DotJun

Question

Hey guys, can someone help me out with settinns needed to get the ssd balancer working the way I want it to? I do not have duplication or file placement rules.

Basically I want files transferred to the ssd and once the transfer is complete I want it to move everything off the ssd into my pool. The closest I've come to this is files are transferred off the ssd at the same time it is being written onto.

Also, would it be possible to have this kind of setting while also allowing scanner to do its thing of dumping files off damaged drives?

1 answer to this question

You're looking for the SSD Optimizer balancer, which specifically does this.

https://stablebit.com/DrivePool/Plugins

However, it may not be "immediately" off of the SSD, but may take a while.

But to get it to more aggressively move files off of the SSDs, there are a few configuration options to change: 

On the main Settings page for balancing, make sure it's set to "Balance Immediately". Uncheck the "Not more often than every X hours" option.  Set the ratio slider to "100%", and check the "or if at least this much data needs to be moved" option and set it to 10GB or even 1GB. 

Also, make sure that the "Allow balancing plug-ins to force immediate balancing" option is enabled. 

These settings should cause StableBit DrivePool to be more aggressive about moving the data off of the "SSD" drives, 

Also, would it be possible to have this kind of setting while also allowing scanner to do its thing of dumping files off damaged drives?

Just leave the StableBit Scanner balancer enabled, and yes. 

We do, however, recommend disabling all of the other balancers, as the SSD Optimizer balancer is a very specialized balancer.