Writing directly to a Poolpart folder?

Pichu0102

Question

Hello, I was wondering, is it safe to write directly to a Poolpart folder? Nvidia Shadowplay demands high write speeds or it fails miserably, and the pool has some slow writing drives with the entire thing at 3x. However, I have an internal drive fast enough to write videos out. Is it safe to point it at the folder I want it to be in on the pool in the Poolpart folder, and let Drivepool eventually pick it up and duplicate it and move it around once it gets around to it?

1 answer to this question

Is it safe?  Technically, yes.  However, any activity that occurs outside the pool drive is not handled by the pool. 

This means that you'll need to manually remeasure the pool anytime you add or remove content, to ensure that the measurement data is accurate and correct, so that it will properly balance and duplicate the data.

As for the high speed writes, even if the drive is not a SSD, you could use the SSD Optimizer balancer to accomplish this.  It may work for your situation. 

https://stablebit.com/DrivePool/Plugins