UI sometimes stops responding on close

thnz

Question

Occasionally when closing the UI, it will stop responding and need to be force closed. I've seen this happen on three different computers, both when connected to the local CloudDrive service, or when connected to a remote instance on another machine. I'm unsure what triggers it, and I can't make it happen on demand. From what I can tell, it has no effect on the service itself. CloudDrive.UI.exe will max out a single CPU core when it happens. It's been a long standing thing, and isn't only in recent builds.

Is there anything I can do the next time it happens to help you guys troubleshoot? I'm unsure if the UI generates log files. Nothing appears in the service logs when it occurs.

5 answers to this question

Actually, if you could get a memory dump of the CloudDrive.UI.exe process when this happens, it should give us a good idea of what is happening when this happens. 

Essentially, it's this: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_UI_Memory_Dump

But grab the "CloudDrive.UI.exe" process instead. 

Sorry for the long delay here.... 

This issue should be fixed in the latest build.   Alex found a number of issues because of this, though he wasn't able to reproduce the CPU issue (but that should be fixed as well). 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.690_x64_BETA.exe