Cannot get Pool to Balance Manually

jnick

Question

I was trying out the Ordered File Placement plugin for a bit and everything was working. All the files were moved to the first drive in the pool. However, after some more consideration, I'm moving against that approach and wanted to disable this plugin and re-balance the pool so everything is spread out evenly. I have tried everything I can think of however the pool will not balance.

At this moment, I have everything set back to Default with the OFP uninstalled. I have roughly 1.4TB on the first out of three 2TB drives. I click 'Re-Measure' and it does, but I never get the '^' by the Pool Organization bar to balance. I have unchecked 'Only allow balancing once every 12 hours' and I have also set the triggers to 100% as I re-searched this issue prior to posting. None of this worked. Finally, I tried restarting the services...nothing.

Any idea on how I can jumpstart this so it will begin to balance evenly across all three drives?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

I added a few new files today, which went on the other drives. However, the 1.5TB of data that was already in the pool is still only on the first of the three drives...

I also still cannot manually balance based on the new settings. I don't have the ^ option under Pool Organization still.

yeah, StableBit DrivePool will not equalize the usage between the disks, unless all of the disks are VERY full (85-90% full). 

However, new files are placed on the disk with the most (absolute) free space, so over time, it will equalize the usage.   

However, the "Disk Space Equalizer" balancer will aggressive rebalance the pool to equalize the usage between the disks.