Phantom Pool Drive - Duplication inconsistant

ThePaladinTech

Question

Well I am not sure where to start...

I'm afraid there are currently multiple issues:
1. Drive Pool Z: drive says "duplication inconsistant" - Rebalancing doesn't fix this
2. there are 2(i think it's two) Phyisical drives that do not show up in DrivePool (these drives DO show up in Windows Disk Manager)
3. Windows Disk Manager shows 2 drives as "covecube" drives - One being Z: one Being E: - I shouldn't have an E: drive, E: doesn't show up in DrivePool.

How do I fix this? and any idea what caused it in the first place?

Machine is running Windows 7, 5 drives are on motherboard sata connectors, and 4 are connected via Adaptec 5805Z controller. (one of the motherboard drives is the OS drive.)

There are 8 drives available to be pooled. Like I mentioned 2 do not show up to be added to pool Z: (and pool E: doesn't show up at all) - of the drives that do show as pooled 2 drives do not show having anything on them.

I suspect that 2 of the drives are assigned to this phantom E: pool, the e: pool says it is corrupted, and I am unable to do anything with it.

I *think* when I original made the pool it called it E: but we changed it to Z: that was months ago, and up until a couple days ago it was working happily. A few days ago one of the drives showed as offline. I removed the drive thinking my redunancy would fix things. which it appeared to (the pool went green after removing the missing drive) ... then a few days after that another drive disapeared from the pool. this is when the phantom E: drive showed up.

I mention the two drives that I beleive are empty as *if neccesary* I could make a new pool and migrate data to them making a new Z: drive?

I do not believe any data is missing from the Z: drive although I am not sure.

Any help is appreciated :)

7 answers to this question

OK - so an update - still need some help. BUT....

It's not a phantom e: drive - I just didn't know how to get to it. now that I can I see that it indeed has (had) 2 drives. I was able to remove 1 drive. now the e: drive pool consists of 1 drive- How do I delete this drive pool?

Hmm - well I deleted the partition on the E: drive - that made it disappear from stablebit drivepool. but the physical drive still doesn't show as being able to be added. And the 2n covecube virtual drive still exists.

And there is still the issue of the z: drive pool saying duplication inconsistant.  It also troubles me as to how and why it decided (as far as I know) to create the e: pool???

Thanks again.

I believe I've flagged the logs for Alex (the developer), though, I'm not sure (it's shared, which usually means that I have, but I'm not sure of the specific issue #, so I'll have to look it up).

however, from the text logs, I'm seeing a lot of errors from one specific disk:

\\?\Volume{fd6c5f28-e56a-11e5-b027-806e6f6e6963}

There isn't a drive letter associated with it, as the software doesn't look at that for info. You can run "mountvol" on the system, to get a list of the volume IDs (above) and compare it. 

If you don't find it, then it was likely the other pool that you were complaining about.