Feature Requests

weezywee

Question

Importing/Exporting of file placement rules

Select All/Deselect All for drives in the file placement rules (I know that one drive has to be selected so Deselect All could just keep the first drive selected)

If this next one were to be implemented, I wouldn't have a need for the first two features.

I would like to be able to select a directory level and tell DrivePool to keep the contents of the folders on the same drive.

TV Shows

-----Cheers

-----Dexter

Instead of me creating rules to place everything, I want to just select TV Shows and say, go 1 level down and make sure to keep all those files on the same drive. So all of 24 would be on one drive and all of Cheers and Dexter would be on other drives. I don't care that the shows are on different drives but I want all episodes of each show together. If I wasn't clear enough on this last one, let me know and I'll try to explain what I mean more clearly.

1 answer to this question

It's been requested in the past, and yes, we REALLY do need this.

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/5247

However, Alex (the Developer) should be getting to this "Soon". At least, soon after we have a StableBit CloudDrive release. 

As for the select/deselect all, that's a good idea as well. 

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/25936

I would like to be able to select a directory level and tell DrivePool to keep the contents of the folders on the same drive.

There is a request for this, but I'm not sure which (I'll have to go digging for it, though) 

However, this is a lot more complicated than it sounds, and would require a massive reworking (if not outright rewrite) of the balancing engine. I'm not saying that it won't happen, but it won't be a small thing, so it will be a while at best.  

But it would be a good feature to have, as a lot of people would love having it.