SSD Optimizer question.

daveyboy37

Question

Hey Chris and everyone.

As a long long time user of Drivepool I finally got around to trying the SSD optimizer plugin. I did have issues originally but was planning on a server reinstall anyway, so no major problem.Anyway its running amazingly well in single and duplicated mode with 2 SSD's.

​The one thing in the settings I have not yet looked at is the ordered placement settings. So before I look at these and decide If I want to use them, do they still obey the file placement rules?

I'm wondering  that if for example a particular Server Folder is allowed to reside on drives/mount points 1,2,9 & 11 it will still only be allowed on those 4 drives and simply fill them in the order I specify, or have I totally misunderstood things ?

Thanks in advance and either way I love this Plug-In. :)

Regards,

Dave

1 answer to this question

If you want to use the Ordered File Placement settings (if you're using the SSD Optimizer balancer, you MUST use the settings in this balancer and not the separate balancer).  Then there are a few settings you need to change to ensure it works properly with file placement rules:

• UNCHECK "File placement rules respect real-time file placement limits set by the balancing plug-ins."
  • CHECK "Balancing plug-ins respect file placement rules."
  • UNCHECK "Unless the drive is being emptied."