NVMe smart

Arghhh

Okay, thanks for filling in the info.

Try checking the "Unsafe Direct IO" option. 

Specifically, you're looking to see if it lights up the "SMART Attributes" section, under either WMI or DirectIO. 

If that doesn't help, check the "Specific Method" option and try them one at a time.

However, we have had one other user with an NVMe M.2 drive, and from the looks of it, these drives don't provide SMART data at all. Or are using a completely new (and undocumented) method for passing SMART like info to the system. 

Okay, thanks for letting me know. And no data shows with any of the "Specific Method" options as well? 

And yeah, it definitely sounds like it's obfuscating the SMART data in some way. (though, that's a pretty rudimentary list) 

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/25920

And what version of StableBit Scanner are you using specifically?

• 4 months later...

If none of the Specfic Method options are working, then it means that it may no be passing the data long via the normal methods.  Meaning we'll have to get our hands on one (or more) and see what exactly is going on.

I have the same issue with my P3700 Intel NVMe drives... but have 1 spare. I'm willing to lend u one if shipping is covered, but we'll most likely be on opposite sides of the world xD

I have the same issue with my P3700 Intel NVMe drives... but have 1 spare. I'm willing to lend u one if shipping is covered, but we'll most likely be on opposite sides of the world xD

Have you tried the DirectIO Test utility above?  If none of the "specific method" options work for you, then it may not be passing on SMART data. Or at least in a known (or non-proprietary way). 

Before anything else, confirmation of that would be best. 

And from there, we can see what the next step may be. 

And ideally, if you could open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact (that way, if we do decide to do the shipping, we can discuss it securely, without everyone being able to see the details, such as our addresses)

Have you tried the DirectIO Test utility above? If none of the "specific method" options work for you, then it may not be passing on SMART data. Or at least in a known (or non-proprietary way).

Before anything else, confirmation of that would be best.

And from there, we can see what the next step may be.

And ideally, if you could open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact (that way, if we do decide to do the shipping, we can discuss it securely, without everyone being able to see the details, such as our addresses)

Yeah didn't show anything, same for my he8 SAS drives on the MegaRaid M5200. A little bit busy this week, but will try to post a ticket, screenshots and stuff end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah didn't show anything, same for my he8 SAS drives on the MegaRaid M5200. A little bit busy this week, but will try to post a ticket, screenshots and stuff end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The He8 SAS drive won't show SMART data. SAS drives don't use SMART at all.  There is information to be had, but we don't currently support SAS info in StableBit Scanner.

As for the NVMe drives, likely we have to write a new query method, as it *is* a different protocol (not based on AHCI). 

• 7 months later...

Any update on getting "smart" data from NVMe drives

Samsung Pro 950 NVME - no smart or temp values being passed to Scanner

Also Scanner Smart option is not available via the interface

Scanner 2.5.2.3124

No, not yet. 

Just a heads up, because StableBit CloudDrive is close to release, the plan is to get it pretty much all the way there, and then go through all of the pending issues and feature requests for StableBit CloudDrive and StableBit DrivePool. 

This means that we should get to issues like this relatively soon. 

Though, this may take slightly longer, as it does involve ... essentially purchasing the hardware to test it on. 

ROFL what does that even mean?

committal, non committal, depends, and maybe!

That we won't know until Alex is ready to mess with it. 

And I don't like giving definite answers when I don't know for certain.

Also, it may require some lower level tools to be installed on the system. Stuff that can be a pain to get installed, or used remotely. Etc.