Report as NTFS not working?

Pål Andreassen

Question

I´m running DP 1.3.7563 on WHS 2011 and need DP to report as NTFS. According to the wiki I´ve done all I need.

1. I have renamed C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool\DrivePool.Service.exe.config_defaults to DrivePool.Service.exe.config

2. I´ve set CoveFs_ReportAsNtfs to True

3. I´ve also rebooted the server.

But still my drive pool drive is reported as CoveFS and not NTFS.

Any tips? The reason I want DP to report as NTFS is that VMWare is not fond of storing virtual machines on non-ntfs drives.

6 answers to this question

It has been mentioned in other threads about the config file not cooperating.  Try copying the DrivePool.Service.exe.config to the desktop editing it then coping it back. Then reboot.

I am using the same version on my WHS2011 and both places report NTFS.

Pal,

Try this one: http://sdrv.ms/15VxO50

This is from my server, so it should work...

If it doesn't, would you mind trying the 2.x version for Windows 7 (64 bit) and see if that works? (If you don't want to, I completely understand)

Also, if you keep on having issues, would you mind submitting a ticket at http://stablebit.com/Contact ?

Thank you. I will give try your config file a try. I did a quick compare and I notice two differences between mine and yours.

1. I have encoding="utf-8" in the xml header, you have no encoding

2. You have a small startup secition: <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/></startup>

This is not in my file at all.

I have been running DP since the very early beginning and have upgraded to various beta and releases as they come. But since I'm running WHS 2011 I'm not tempted to try the 2.x betas yet.