Constant Upload/Download and RAW / Unreadable Drive

Jonathan

Question

I have Stablebit Cloud connected to google drive and have 30 TB mapped to two 15 TB partitions of the same drive.  One is working normally, but the other will not mount / comes back as raw or damaged.  It happened after a normal soft reboot.  Since then, stable bit has been reading and writing constantly.  It only uses one connection per direction, not the full 20.  When I check resource monitor, nothing is accessing the good drive.  Any advise on how I can recover the bad drive?  Thanks.

Update:  Did an old fashion chkdsk /f on the drive and that fixed it.  Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm nervous about corruption.  Is there anyway to do a verification test?

6 answers to this question

Update:  Did an old fashion chkdsk /f on the drive and that fixed it.  Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm nervous about corruption.  Is there anyway to do a verification test?

A chkdsk pass is fine, and actually what we'd recommend. But I'm glad to hear that worked.

As for verifying the drive, well, see above. But if you want to do a full check on it, use StableBit Scanner to run a full surface scan (you need the beta version, and you'd need double click on the drive, and then click the ">" button to start a scan of the disk).

how are the speeds on google? i got only around 40 mbit download with 20 threads eventhough i got 1gbit line

You've maxed out the number of threads already, right?

A chkdsk pass is fine, and actually what we'd recommend. But I'm glad to hear that worked.

As for verifying the drive, well, see above. But if you want to do a full check on it, use StableBit Scanner to run a full surface scan (you need the beta version, and you'd need double click on the drive, and then click the ">" button to start a scan of the disk).

You've maxed out the number of threads already, right?

yep, like mentioned in another thread i found the reason for the lower speed. upload takes full 100 mb chunks while download is small 1-2 mb parts. this completely kills the download speed as i have to download 50-100 parts to get the same 100 mb which i uploaded in a second with the full chunk.

yep, like mentioned in another thread i found the reason for the lower speed. upload takes full 100 mb chunks while download is small 1-2 mb parts. this completely kills the download speed as i have to download 50-100 parts to get the same 100 mb which i uploaded in a second with the full chunk.

Could you do this this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection