onboard controller died, so missing 4 disks not sure how to proceed

myktek

Question

Setup, 4 drives using the onboard controller and 9 drives using a raid controller.

So the pool is 13 drives, so the onboard controller died, so 4 drives went missing.

I can connect them via usb and still get the data off of them, but they are marked missing in drive pool.

I bought a few drives to add to the raid controller so i can move the data off the 4 drives.

I can physcially get to the hard drives data via windows explorer whenever I plug the drive into my usb enclosure, but Drivepool still says it's missing.

When I try to remove it from DP, it says it can't remove b/c i have missing disk.

Would moving the data from the hidden folder (old 4 drives) to the new drives hidden folder (just added to the pool) work?

Not sure how I should proceed.

btw, all the data is unduplicated.

DrivePool 2.1.1.561 on Windows 7 64bit.

1 answer to this question

First, I am very sorry to hear about the hardware failure, as that is never a pleasant experience. 

As long as the old and new controller doesn't do anything funky to the disks, you should be able to just reconnect them, and StableBit DrivePool should recognize them.

However if StableBit DrivePool still lists them as missing, try resetting the settings:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B