GUI Q: Is it possible to show Disk Activity Details when Balancing?

jmone

Question

I've got the Balancer moving some files around and I can see what is happening in Windows Resource Monitor but the DrivePool GUI just shows "Balancing" without any details under Disk Performance.  Is it possible to enable what "Disk Activity" is happening during Balancing the same way it is shown with other apps access files on the pool?

Thanks

Nathan

post-2289-0-37620500-1451864408_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

I'm defiantly seeing some reporting in the UI (attached Pic) with activity removing a disk.  I'm currently removing Vol9 and you can see the reads/writes in Windows Resource Monitor with the write to Vol12 being also reported in the UI (note: Windows Resource Monitor seems to be a rolling average so the value looks a bit different that that in DP's UI).

Thanks

Nathan

post-2289-0-68246000-1451982328_thumb.jpg

More than likely, something is/was writing to the disk at the same time.  It shouldn't list activity when removing a disk, and I've confirmed that it doesn't/shouldn't. 

Well, I see the same...while removing a disk: The GUI reports the activity that writes the data to the new disk(s)...V2.1.1.561 Win8.1P-64bit

It's odd - I'm back to testing the Remove disk function (with the Read Only function OFF in advanced settings) and this time it is showing nothing under Disk Performance.  

Personally, I'd like to see some info on what is happening apart from "Removing Drive... XX%" mostly what is currently being moved from where to where, as with large drives the percentages move very slowly and you can not see what drive the files are being sent to.