Erroneous email about missing drive

Elijah_Baley

Question

A few days ago I had a drive crash. It was a total failure and I was only able to remove the drive, which I did using the "remove" function.

DrivePool crashed for some reason during the removal but when I rebooted the computer the remaining drives were still in the pool and working correctly and the pool was the correct size and there was, and is, no mention of the failed drive anywhere I can find in DrivePool.

However every time I reboot the computer or simply stop and restart DrivePool an email is generated that says:

=============

• Seagate Expansion Desk USB Device (S/N: "sn replaced") - 4.55 TB (Pool: ?)

You are receiving this message because you have set up email notifications to be sent to this address from StableBit DrivePool.

==============

That is the SN of the failed drive but it has been removed from the pool and it is no longer attached to the computer. (It is actually on its way back to Seagate as it was well under warranty.)

What I would like to know how to is to tell DrivePool that the drive is really gone so I do not receive that email.

Note: The question mark where normally there would be a Pool number in the email and also that on its screen DrivePool does not actually show the drive at all.

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

First, I'm sorry to hear about the drive failing, as that is never a pleasant experience. 

As for the email, if you removed the missing/failed disk, it may have completed, or it may have corrupted the settings.

The newer versions (beta version) handles issues like this better and may fix the issue outright.

Otherwise, resetting the settings should fix this issue (but will wipe out your balancing settings).

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B