Checksum Verification Questions

gj80

Question

I added a local DrivePool and attempted to create a cloud drive, but I noticed that "use checksum verification" is disabled.

I don't really need cloud storage, but I've been looking forward to some sort of checksum solution for use with DrivePool, which is why I was going to try it out. Is the feature disabled for local storage sources?

3 answers to this question

I ... hadn't actually noticed that.

I've flagged this for Alex (the Developer), as I can definitely see having the checksum verification option would be nice for local storage.

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/22859

Though, the reason it's disabled, I believe, is that it's not as important for local storage, as we do have a lot more control over what happens. 

Thanks. I bought another bundle, and cloud (great product idea) came along with StableBit and Drivepool in the bundle, so I thought I'd try it out. Not a big deal, but I've noticed unreported-by-disk bit flips corrected and reported in ZFS pools I manage, so checksumming always makes me feel better - though of course it's less important for my own personal stuff.

Thanks for following up on it.