Dropbox drive - "not authorized with Dropbox" immediately after creation?

Tremek

Question

Hi all, I'm trying to create a CloudDrive store on Dropbox with my 1TB Dropbox account. I go to create the drive, it looks as though it's allocating, and then in the notifications tray in the top left of CloudDrive I get a red error - Not Authorized - "Drive (X:\) - <name> is not authorized with Dropbox."

It presents a link to Reauthorize, and I attempt to do so, and it appears successful - and then the error occurs again in CloudDrive almost immediately.

Does this matter? I haven't tried storing any data yet on the drive. Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Hi all, I'm trying to create a CloudDrive store on Dropbox with my 1TB Dropbox account. I go to create the drive, it looks as though it's allocating, and then in the notifications tray in the top left of CloudDrive I get a red error - Not Authorized - "Drive (X:\) - <name> is not authorized with Dropbox."

It presents a link to Reauthorize, and I attempt to do so, and it appears successful - and then the error occurs again in CloudDrive almost immediately.

Does this matter? I haven't tried storing any data yet on the drive. Thanks!

What version are you running... i believe this issue has been resolved in the most recent betas.

Thanks for pointing me to this! I just tried installing the latest, then the second-latest x64 builds (1.0.0.419 and 1.0.0.418); 419 caused a bluescreen immediately after install, and on both 419 and 418 apparently the service is crashing. 

Is there a recent version known to be more stable? :) Thanks!

Edit: Stepped back to .417 x64 and it seems to be both working as well as potentially having rectified the Dropbox issue. Will continue to do some due diligence here - thanks for the help!

Hi guys, so I just looked at starting over on my DrivePool setup and again the latest version of CloudDrive is causing BSODs - I just went to uninstall it and got a BSOD.

Any thoughts as to what's currently stable?

Edit: this is the opposite of confidence-inspiring. Now stuck in uninstall hell - I can't uninstall it because it BSODs, I can't stop the service manually because it BSODs.

GgGLdOZ.jpg

Hi guys, so I just looked at starting over on my DrivePool setup and again the latest version of CloudDrive is causing BSODs - I just went to uninstall it and got a BSOD.

Any thoughts as to what's currently stable?

Edit: this is the opposite of confidence-inspiring. Now stuck in uninstall hell - I can't uninstall it because it BSODs, I can't stop the service manually because it BSODs.

What version of StableBit Cloud Drive are you using right now?

Also, I'm personally using 1.0.0.518 on my server, but 1.0.0.537 should be good to go.  

That said, could you also upload the crash dump from the system?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_System_Crashes

Also, to "fix" the issue, boot into safe mode (not with networking, just plain safe mode).  Run "services.msc", find the "StableBit CloudDrive Service", and set the startup type to "Manual".  Then reboot.

This should prevent the BSOD from taking place, and allow you to uninstall the software successfully. 

It's uninstalled now, but it didn't look as though the Control Panel version was accurate (it was 1.0.463 or something along those lines in the Control Panel) - but I'm confident what I had installed was a very recent version. 

I'm going to reinstall tomorrow, is there a specific build you recommend at this point? See my comments earlier in this same thread from November where .417 worked but newer builds than that were unstable. Thanks.

Build 463 (1.0.0.463 or 1.0.463) is the latest public beta version. So it's what most people will be using.

The latest internal build is 1.0.0.547, and may include fixes for this.

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.547_x64_BETA.exe

If that doesn't, let us know and upload the newer dump. 

I'd also recommend a memory test, and checking the system disk for errors.