Any chance on 1 or 2 more upload threads to Amazon Cloud Drive

WBadminUser

Question

22 answers to this question

We're limiting right now, so that everyone can use it. It is a shitty solution, and we know that. However, we would rather make it very slow and usable to everyone, than unusable to everyone. 

And as Steffenmand indicated, we are actively communicating with Amazon to get details on specific limits so that we can use the maximum speed that Amazon will allow for ALL users.  Hopefully, we can get that resolved sooner rather than later. But as usually, we're still awaiting a response from Amazon. 

Well, no harm in asking

:)

Keep up the good work. 

None at all. :)

And hopefully, if Amazon actually gets back to us, we can significantly up the limit (to something that is absolutely usable!)

In the meanwhile, Alex is finishing up the Google Drive code and ironing out some "last minute fixes". 

I'm at 7 days away from my trial expiring and the key purpose of this is to use Amazon Drive.

Any chance of extending the trial? I'm super keen on this product over Net2Drive, however, I want to be sure of the speeds available in this product.

Depends on what version you're on.  If you haven't already, update to the latest public beta version.  If you're on that (1.0.0.403), then try grabbing one of the internal betas. That should reset the trial period. 

Index of /CloudDriveWindows/beta/download

If that doesn't help, let me know, and I'll send you a trial extension.

Thanks, I was on 1.0.0.403

I've updated to the latest beta build.

So looking forward to proper Amazon speeds, btw, this is an awesome product outside of the limitations on Amazon.

418 / 419 failed to start properly.

The Service keeps dying and restarting. (Windows 10 x64)

Faulting application name: CloudDrive.Service.exe, version: 1.0.0.418, time stamp: 0x5653e1c8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f38c3
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000002a1c8
Faulting process id: 0x11a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d12879284e244c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\StableBit\CloudDrive\CloudDrive.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7d1241b8-bd7f-4b2d-940a-f3bd51f0dca1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

AND

Error report file saved to:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit CloudDrive\Service\ErrorReports\ErrorReport_2015_11_27-05_35_05.0.saencryptedreport

Exception:

Where do I upload the crash report?

Depends on what version you're on.  If you haven't already, update to the latest public beta version.  If you're on that (1.0.0.403), then try grabbing one of the internal betas. That should reset the trial period. 

Index of /CloudDriveWindows/beta/download

If that doesn't help, let me know, and I'll send you a trial extension.

Thanks - got the license extension.

Suggestion - In the email -the license has curly brackets { } - if you copy / paste those into the license (as it wasn't clear if they were required) then the app hangs attempting to activate.

Either don't include them in the email, or if they are included - handle the { } in the field by stripping them out first. 

Thanks - got the license extension.

Suggestion - In the email -the license has curly brackets { } - if you copy / paste those into the license (as it wasn't clear if they were required) then the app hangs attempting to activate.

Either don't include them in the email, or if they are included - handle the { } in the field by stripping them out first. 

Honestly... that's ... very odd. 

Specifically, the curly brackets are part of the Activation ID. They are supposed to be there and should work with them.  (I just confirmed this for a different issue, and it worked fine). However, we've tried to make sure the licensing input is very lenient about the text. 

Specifically, what version of StableBit CloudDrive are you using?

I'm having to move my media back to NetDrive at the moment, the speeds offered are just not workable for a smooth stream.

(I'm not a fan of NetDrive, browsing is much slower, less configurable etc) - but my Plex Playback is the most important for me, and that doesn't seem to be working as well as it should right now.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

I'm having to move my media back to NetDrive at the moment, the speeds offered are just not workable for a smooth stream.

(I'm not a fan of NetDrive, browsing is much slower, less configurable etc) - but my Plex Playback is the most important for me, and that doesn't seem to be working as well as it should right now.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

Plex seems to be working great with Google Drive FYI. I just archive old videos (full seasons of shows I have watched, etc) to the cloud. I was using ExpanDrive and it was pretty horrible with scanning, if I accidentally scanned the cloud library it would go for HOURS before crashing ExpanDrive. This is not a problem with CloudDrive because all the metadata is pinned locally so scanning is just as fast as local content. Sure there is about 20 sec delay when starting to play a file, but after that it plays smoothly, and like I said this is all old media I may or may not ever watch again that I just want to keep in my library for myself and others "just in case"

Plex seems to be working great with Google Drive FYI. I just archive old videos (full seasons of shows I have watched, etc) to the cloud. I was using ExpanDrive and it was pretty horrible with scanning, if I accidentally scanned the cloud library it would go for HOURS before crashing ExpanDrive. This is not a problem with CloudDrive because all the metadata is pinned locally so scanning is just as fast as local content. Sure there is about 20 sec delay when starting to play a file, but after that it plays smoothly, and like I said this is all old media I may or may not ever watch again that I just want to keep in my library for myself and others "just in case"

I am wondering if the 20 second delay to start playing a file in plex is something that can possibly be reduced with future developments to Stablebit Clouddrive?  I know Netdrive works completely different but it can usually start a stream via plex in about 5 seconds for me.

I am wondering if the 20 second delay to start playing a file in plex is something that can possibly be reduced with future developments to Stablebit Clouddrive?  I know Netdrive works completely different but it can usually start a stream via plex in about 5 seconds for me.

I think it would be possible, I'm moving a heap up to the cloud, but I'm also happy to keep a massive amount of local cache as well (I think I have 100Gb set atm)

Anyway, I really want to come back to CloudDrive, I find the drives more responsive for browsing, and I like the product more. But until the down and up are working at a more reasonable rate, then I can't work with it.

My NetDrive works mostly perfectly, just uses (well seems to at least) more resources than CloudDrive.

I think it would be possible, I'm moving a heap up to the cloud, but I'm also happy to keep a massive amount of local cache as well (I think I have 100Gb set atm)

Anyway, I really want to come back to CloudDrive, I find the drives more responsive for browsing, and I like the product more. But until the down and up are working at a more reasonable rate, then I can't work with it.

My NetDrive works mostly perfectly, just uses (well seems to at least) more resources than CloudDrive.

If/when Amazon approves us for production usage again (which is looking less and less likely.......), hopefully, the increased thread usage should help fix this. (in fact the issue may be because of Amazon, more than anything else).  But I'm not really sure what we can do now to fix this issue while we're still under the developmental limits.

If/when that issue is fixed, we'll definitely take a good look into this to see if we can resolve it.

If/when Amazon approves us for production usage again (which is looking less and less likely.......), hopefully, the increased thread usage should help fix this. (in fact the issue may be because of Amazon, more than anything else).  But I'm not really sure what we can do now to fix this issue while we're still under the developmental limits.

If/when that issue is fixed, we'll definitely take a good look into this to see if we can resolve it.

Oh.... so new bad news from amazon? :-(

Oh.... so new bad news from amazon? :-(

We've been keeping everything updated. As new emails come in, we edit the post.  So you can follow the entire interaction here:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1588-amazon-cloud-drive-why-is-it-not-supported/

Basically, they're reporting that the encryption is excessively inflating the file sizes.  Considering that the encryption we're using is "a 1:1 encryption scheme" (AES-CBC), and using a checksum/signature (HMAC-SHA512, which as a 0.006% overhead) ..... neither should add ... even a noticeable amount of extra data... and Amazon is reporting "Your details about file size inflation don't match with what we saw in our most recent tests."

To be blunt, this is either poorly handled communication on Amazon's side.... or it may be a delay tactic.... Neither is a good sign. 

I am experiencing the slow 20 second startups using Stablebit Clouddrive with Google Drive so it doesn't seem to be a Amazon issue.

I am experiencing the slow 20 second startups using Stablebit Clouddrive with Google Drive so it doesn't seem to be a Amazon issue.

Ah, okay, I wasn't sure which provider you were using.

Though, IIRC, Google Drive does throttle the connection and we respect that. It may be what is going on here.

But regardless, please enable logging and reproduce this. This way, we can take a look at what is going on and see about optimizing or fixing the issue.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection