Error - 0x800705AA when copying from client PC to Network Share

hansolo77

Question

I've searched google, and people are just flat out unsure WHAT causes it.  NIC drivers, Folder Permissions, File Sizes, Extremely large LOG files, Firewall/AntiVirus, corrupted Windows, RAM.  They've all been suggested.  I'd just about given up, when I came across an old thread (2011 era) related to DrivePool.  Ah-ha!  A potential resolution.  So I'm posting it here in hopes that somebody else has come across this error and knows of a solution..

http://forum.covecube.com/discussion/73/write-error-on-storage-pool-error-0x800705aa-insufficeint-resources-exist-to-complete-the-requested/p1

Basically, if I try to transfer any file larger than probably 2k (it worked for text but not a 25k picture) over my network from a client computer to a server running DrivePool, I get this error:

An unexpected error is keeping you from moving (copying) the file.  If you
continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for
help with this problem.

Error 0x800705AA: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the
requested service.

I've never received this error before.  It has actually been coming up here in the last couple of days since I've been messing around with the new SAS expander and drive planes in my server.  When I installed the new SAS expander, I thought I had screwed up my DrivePool and uninstalled/reinstalled the DrivePool software in hopes that it would fix it.  Since then, I've been having this issue.  Is it possible my uninstall didn't completely UNINSTALL?  Or is it maybe because I installed the beta?  Something else I've just noticed.. my Server Essentials Dashboard is showing that the Active Directory Certificate Services (CertSrv) service isn't running.  I tried to "repair" but it comes back.  If I check the Services management, it shows it's not running, and if I start it, I get an error.  Could this be what's causing it, or is that a whole different issue?

Not sure if this is useful or helpful (reviving this issue after so long dead) but I'm having this exact problem today and it is very frustrating. I have a home network running a variety of OS, including Windows 7 x86 and Windows 10 x64. I have Drivepool 2.2.2.934 running on a server with Windows 10 x64 and I'm trying to copy video files (greater than 2Gb size) up to this box from a Windows 7 x86 client. Every time I get the 0x800705aa error (out of resources). If I test with a drive in the server that is not in the pool ie shared directly the file copy happens without difficulty. 

The advice about tweaking the network auto-tuning feature was a bit cryptic but I tried various changes to no effect.

The other potentially useful information is that the server is an older machine running a collection of 500Gb, 750Gb and 1TB drives. 

Any advice?