Database Corrupt?

quietas

Question

I have Win Server 2012 R2 running on a pair of mirrored (RAID1) Hitachi 1TB drives. Drivepool and Stablebit are installed there.

I have a pool of 9x WD Red 3TB drives (all test OK per Scanner) with file duplication on and about 16TB of data on the drives.

yesterday the OS mirror went off the rails and one drive disconnected. It was repaired and all is well with the OS drive. Unfortunately something went weird with the large pool. Access to the pool hangs the computer for minutes on end and once I get a file listing any movement in folders or activity with a file will cause the system to hang as well.

I tried to turn off duplication to recover the space but I get a message stating the file or folder is corrupt and unreadable. How do I proceed?

2 answers to this question

Sounds like the OS drive may still be a bit wonky.  Are you able to access your files from within the drives themselves?  You would need to enable hidden files, then browse out to the individual drives, under the "PoolPart...." folders.  If you can see your files from there, you could try to reset DrivePool:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B

It won't harm the data itself.

(...and if you're not in a time-crunch, wait for Christopher's response; he's pretty quick on getting the right answer out :)