Cannot change the "Site Name" in Scanner

DG3IL5

Question

Hi there,

I've this strange problem with scanner: Everytime i'm trying to change the "Site Name" at the first page of the Notification Settings, the field revert back to it's old value as soon as i quit Scanner UI, then relauch it.

I've try pressing the enter key on keyboard instead of the OK button, and i also try to uncheck the "Automatically propagate to all copie..." option before changing the name, but still have the same result: The new name is not saved.

What can i do to circumvent the problem? 

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

What OS are you using, and what version of StableBit Scanner (listed in teh Scanner settings, or the add/remove programs section of the control panel)

Do you have any other systems with StableBit Scanner on the network?

If so, try stopping the service for StableBit Scanner on those systems (or shut them down) and see if it lets you.

If you still have issues doing so, could you see if there are any recent error reports?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_for_Windows_Error_Reports

Hi Christopher,

To answer to your questions, the Operating System is an up to date Windows Embedded Standard 7, and Scanner version is v2.5.2.3103. 

I had the same problem with previous Scanner versions on various Windows platform.

There is no other instance of Scanner running somewhere on the network when i'm trying to change the site name, but there was, from time to time, in the past.

Here is a link to the zipped ErrorReports folder:

https://drive.google.com/a/vast.pro/file/d/0B_aKgm96RJwIOWpocUFKb0lKTm8/view?usp=sharing

Regards,