OneDrive for Business AADSTS90093: Calling principal cannot consent due to lack of permissions.

WBadminUser

Question

Is this a configuration setting on the business side of things? I assume not everyone has this problem.

Just googling the issue i found a few links with some good information. 

http://blog.beecomedigital.com/2015/06/08/aadsts90093-calling-principal-cannot-consent-due-to-lack-of-permissions/ 

What to do if I encounter the error message ?

If you are facing to the error message mentioned previously, the first thing to do is to check if your application uses one of the permission in the list above.

If it’s the case, make sure that you absolutely need it, otherwise remove the right from the declared permissions for your application in Azure AD and it should solve the problem.

For example, you can perform searches on SharePoint sites under the identity of the current user, even if you only have the “Read items in all site collection” permission. It’s not needed to add the “Run search queries as a user” permission.

If you need the permission, you have to ask a tenant administrator to consent your application. Until the administrator consent, all users which are not administrators of the Office 365 tenant won’t be able to log-in and use your application.

I guess i don't exactly know where to go from here.

What permissions is cloud drive asking for that would be triggering this?

What setting do i need to make sure is set on O365 to not make this happen?

*UPDATE*

Just for a test i decided to see if another application could connect. It could. I will refrain from naming names, but am not more under the impression that this can be fixed on CloudDrives side.

*UPDATE2*

One thing i did notice was that the other application asked if i wanted just my personal files or sharepoint also. Not sure if that is relevant or not. I only tested with personal.

7 answers to this question

So it's still not working, correct?

If so, when you set it up, when you put in the "tenant" information, are you using the whole URL? 

And to clarify, what version are you one specifically?

Correct.... The webpage gives the error provided how ever i can authorize other applications to do similar things like transfer files.

i am currently using version .404 .

I also don't know what you mean when i put in the tenant. I just click connect on OneDrive for business and it opens a webpage. That webpage when i login provides the error above.

When using another tools it willl take me to the next page that i accept and gives me a code to put in. Cloud Drive does not.

*EDIT*

A interesting point is i don't see that other app under my "App permissions" but i have verified its uploading data just fine.

*EDIT2*

Just verified this.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/exchangedev/archive/2014/06/05/managing-user-consent-for-applications-using-office-365-apis.aspx

UsersPermissionToUserConsentToAppEnabled : True

Make sure that the account you're using is an administrator account for the "tenant" (in OneDrive for Business' settings). 

Specifically:

"...you have to ask a tenant administrator to consent your application. Until the administrator consent, all users which are not administrators of the Office 365 tenant won’t be able to log-in and use your application."

Make sure that the account you're using is an administrator account for the "tenant" (in OneDrive for Business' settings). 

Specifically:

"...you have to ask a tenant administrator to consent your application. Until the administrator consent, all users which are not administrators of the Office 365 tenant won’t be able to log-in and use your application."

I guess this is what i don't understand. What permission is being requested the requires admin?

Other apps that read and write data don't need this.

Is everyone having this issue? surely not everyone has to get permission to use cloud drive? If they do i am sure all 14 people are happy with it. :P

If you want me to get a list of permissions the other app gets and works i will.

*UPDATE*

3rhQ76R.jpg

http://imgur.com/3rhQ76R

Can just click accept for this app.

Don't get this far with cloud drive.

Ideally, we want full, administrative access for StableBit CloudDrive.  This is specifically so we can create folders, create files, modify and delete files, etc. 

The account you're using needs to have administrative access, specifically.  If it doesn't please use an account that does.  

I've also flagged this for Alex, just in case:

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/20860