Slow upload complete failure

WBadminUser

Question

Can you explain what exactly the issue is here? Why is a fast upload required for Cloud drive to be functional? In my area we only have 5 megabit up. I can obviously upload all day long with the other stock applications.(uploading photos etc). but doing any uploading with clouddrive its just constant error after error and basically never makes progress.

7 answers to this question

Are you using Amazon Cloud Drive as the provider in question?

If so... the number of upload and download threads has been severely limited. 

The "tl;dr:" of this is that Amazon Cloud Drive is broken (at least for how we need to use it) right now. It's not usable regardless of what we do, until Amazon fixes stuff on their end, *AND* re-promotes us to Production status.

To be honest i wasnt only talking about ACD. I tried box.net and dropbox also. With 399 i actually had zero issues. I keep coming back and trying betas to watch the progress. One thing i didnt enable this time was encryption. I will test .399 again with encryption to see if the errors come back.

Ok more testing today. So i did some with encryption and no encryption, and it didn't seem to matter.

box.net was consent IO errors. 

ACD only received one error today and my dropbox would keep flipping to lost authorization or something.

I was quick to blame upload speed but i am not sure that is the real issue here, although it probably helps the problem.

More testing with dropbox keep getting the Drive D dropbox is not authorized with dropbox. However the drive continues to work. 

OK so after this post i will probably go back to lurking for another month or two.

What i am about to say is really what i was referring too in my original post. I am doing my testing on my Verizon hotspot. if my phone is sitting on my desk i get 2 Mb up if its setting in my window i get 12 Mb up. 

When i am getting the 2 Mb its just constant IO errors even at 1 or 2 threads. at 12 Mb it works fine. I guess i don't understand these time outs. Why is it failing as opposed to just running slower?

Everything else works just fine.... just slower.

OK so after this post i will probably go back to lurking for another month or two.

What i am about to say is really what i was referring too in my original post. I am doing my testing on my Verizon hotspot. if my phone is sitting on my desk i get 2 Mb up if its setting in my window i get 12 Mb up. 

When i am getting the 2 Mb its just constant IO errors even at 1 or 2 threads. at 12 Mb it works fine. I guess i don't understand these time outs. Why is it failing as opposed to just running slower?

Everything else works just fine.... just slower.

This is likely a signal issue. 

The lower speed is also probably dropping out frequently, interrupting the connection, and well... resetting the operations.