Corruption Issues

pmow

Question

I'm trying to use Drivepool and Clouddrive together.

My pool kept complaining about needing another drive for files, even though I have two drives (local and cloud) connected/mounted.  So I detached the local, and proceeded to remove the cloud one since I didn't need anything on it.  Drivepool complained about data being corrupt.  I couldn't remove, even with the options to do it dirty.  Okay I said, I'll just destroy the volume.  After some time, it failed.

Now I'm getting an error and can't get into the CloudDrive UI.  Says "StableBit CloudDrive can't load some of the data coming from the remote computer."  If I click See details, I get "Type 'CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.HttpProtocolExc... in Assembly 'CloudDrive.Service, Version=1.0.0.381, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable."

I'm going to try and reinstall and see if that does anything. 

6 answers to this question

I'm curios as to whether your machine ever crashed, or was restarted while CloudDrive was still uploading data? I've found that corruption seems prone to occur when this happens.

The  errors are new.  I did get some BSODs which I figured out was Bitlocker not playing nice.  So I disabled it on the new Clouddrives immediately and the issue went away.  No, no crashes while it was in the midst of uploading.

The  errors are new.  I did get some BSODs which I figured out was Bitlocker not playing nice.  So I disabled it on the new Clouddrives immediately and the issue went away.  No, no crashes while it was in the midst of uploading.

pmow,

What version of StableBit CloudDrive are you using?

And BitLocker *should* play fine with it (in fact, we did test that during development, though, you can encrypt the raw data as well, using the "full disk encryption" option in StableBit CloudDrive).