+1 for GoogleDrive for Work support

Reptile

Question

Google Drive for Work means unlimited storage for about 40 dollar a month. And even normal googledrive accounts could be pooled together with drivepool. And nothing stops you from having multiple google accounts right.

Furthermore google has amazing speed. I get around 220 Mbit/s. Yes on gigabit fiber google allows to sync with up to 250 mbit/s per second. It would be wonderful to have Google Drive support.

Fast, afordable, unlimited.

Is there a beta release supporting this provider already?

Yours sincerely 

Reptile

Edit:

Preliminary Google Drive support added. 

Download available here:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

Note: these are internal beta builds and may not be stable. Try at your own risk.

Google Drive Support starts with build 1.0.0.408 (current recommended for Google Drive)

Edited by Christopher (Drashna)
Google Drive info

Google Drive for Work means unlimited storage for about 40 dollar a month. And even normal googledrive accounts could be pooled together with drivepool. And nothing stops you from having multiple google accounts right.

Furthermore google has amazing speed. I get around 220 Mbit/s. Yes on gigabit fiber google allows to sync with up to 250 mbit/s per second. It would be wonderful to have Google Drive support.

Fast, afordable, unlimited.

Is there a beta release supporting this provider already?

Yours sincerely 

Reptile

Isn't it at 5 users ($10x5=$50/mo) where unlimited kicks in?

Regardless is still great as Cloud Drive API throttles are a little ridiculous.

Last time I checked it was 5x8 $ = 40$

But as it is fast and definitely not throttled, I really love their service.

I uploaded for testing 12.8 Terabyte just to test, if they really mean it. They announced a file size limit of 5 TB. So I tested it and it worked.

The file is still there.

Amazon CloudDrive and Microsofts one Drive Business are hilarious. They throttle or loose files. I really do not understand why google drive was not implemented in the Beta.

Yes, after using Stablebit Cloudrive with Amazon Cloud Drive then amazon causing a bunch of issues because of "excessive" api usage I have now paid for a Google Apps for Work account for it's unlimited storage.  As soon as a beta is released that includes support for it I will be buying Stablebit Clouddrive.  Keep up the hard work. :)

Agreed, we would buy 55+ licences for work if this was added as we are a Google Apps shop. 

Well, once we're out of beta, we should have a small business license, that should give you a good sized discount for the initial 12 licenses.  But that's not available for StableBit CloudDrive yet, as it is still in beta.

Noticed with the update: [Link Edited]

Changelog

Google Drive support is added.

I have started testing this. So far its been running good, a lot better experience than i had with the Amazon Cloud Drive. I do notice though the upload speeds are a little slow and i am getting some times outs with it.  Also after install and restart i was having issues formatting the cloud drive during the creation process, after a 2nd restart though everything started working properly with he format.

Of course its still early stages so its expected. Overall so far i am happy with the work that has been done to it.

I cleared the timeout messages this time, but next time i see them ill add a couple images of the error for it, to help troubleshoot it.

Edited by Christopher (Drashna)
Link added at top.

WOOHOO

Been testing for a few hours. Seeing pretty slow speeds and some timeouts as well. Is there anything that can be done to increase the speed? I was really hoping Cloud Drive could max out my upload with the multiple threading. Or is Google doing some throttling?

Increases the number of threads (Drive Options -> Performance -> IO Performance).  

Increasing that may help. But it may increase the number of errors, depending on the exact error.

And Google may be doing some throttling. But from what I've seen, that should be on the higher end. So it depends on your upload.

This provider is acting pretty good... I am getting some authorization errors every once in awhile.  They don't stop the transfer, just sit there.  I'll reauthorize because it's the only way to get rid of the message, but reauthorizing isn't necessary.  I am getting lots of I/O errors, but I've upped the performance, so maybe that's to be expected.  

After some trial and error, I'm using these performance settings (google probably hates me)

Upload/Download Connection: 200 each

Maintenance Threads: 300

Only uploading right now... always getting over 100Mbps, usually over 200Mbps, sometimes over 300Mbps.  All in all, very good.

This provider is acting pretty good... I am getting some authorization errors every once in awhile.  They don't stop the transfer, just sit there.  I'll reauthorize because it's the only way to get rid of the message, but reauthorizing isn't necessary.  I am getting lots of I/O errors, but I've upped the performance, so maybe that's to be expected.  

After some trial and error, I'm using these performance settings (google probably hates me)

Upload/Download Connection: 200 each

Maintenance Threads: 300

Only uploading right now... always getting over 100Mbps, usually over 200Mbps, sometimes over 300Mbps.  All in all, very good.

Very nice!

As for the authorization issues, what version are you on exactly?

I'm seeing lots of "Security Error" in some clouddrive log I found. Is this normal? Is there a better way to pull logs and post them here?

This is for the Google Drive provider? 

If so, if you're only seeing this in the service logs (which I suspect is the case), and not seeing this in the main UI, then it may be "harmless".  Any sort of errors when uploading and downloading are automatically retried.  Only when they happen frequently or otherwise affect the prodiver are they an issue (most likely). 

As for grabbing the logs:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection

Very nice!

As for the authorization issues, what version are you on exactly?

This is for the Google Drive provider? 

If so, if you're only seeing this in the service logs (which I suspect is the case), and not seeing this in the main UI, then it may be "harmless".  Any sort of errors when uploading and downloading are automatically retried.  Only when they happen frequently or otherwise affect the prodiver are they an issue (most likely). 

As for grabbing the logs:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Log_Collection

I go from 20mbps upload, to 0mbps for a while, sometimes hours. When this occurs CloudDrive asks me to reauth, but reauth does not get it started again. During this time other apps (Plex) that are uploading to Google Drive continue uploading fine. Displaying the IO Threads at this time shows them all at 0kbps but they are being created and closed. It's very weird, like I am tripping some sort of Google Rate limit. Is there a way to figure that our from the service logs? If not I assume I need to enable disk tracing and get you those logs?

I'm starting with an 850GB set of files I'm trying to upload to test the viability of this product, but so far I haven't gotten very much uploaded due to the long windows of upload hanging.

I go from 20mbps upload, to 0mbps for a while, sometimes hours. When this occurs CloudDrive asks me to reauth, but reauth does not get it started again. During this time other apps (Plex) that are uploading to Google Drive continue uploading fine. Displaying the IO Threads at this time shows them all at 0kbps but they are being created and closed. It's very weird, like I am tripping some sort of Google Rate limit. Is there a way to figure that our from the service logs? If not I assume I need to enable disk tracing and get you those logs?

I'm starting with an 850GB set of files I'm trying to upload to test the viability of this product, but so far I haven't gotten very much uploaded due to the long windows of upload hanging.

that's definitely an issue then.

Specifically, when it gets into the deauthorized state, it's not uploading to Google then.  The cache drive allows you to continue to write to the drive, without issue in this situation (specifically so there are no issues with the drive in the event that something goes wrong, like losing internet access) 

And there is no rate limit here. Google's API includes throttling information, which we fully respect (I can link Alex's post about Amazon Cloud Drive, if you want some technical details).  So that's not the issue. It would definitely be the authorization state that is the issue.

As for the logs, yeah, no need to enable the logging, just grab the service logs and the error reports. That *should* be enough. If not, we'll let you know (and if you would, please open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contactfor this, so we can reply to you directly) 

There was an OAuth 2.0 fix that was mainly affecting Dropbox (but it may have affected Google Drive as well). The fix was applied in 1.0.0.409.

Download: http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

I haven't done any stress testing of this provider yet, which is on my todo list. Mainly I want to see how it performs with ~900 GB of data uploaded, and if there's anything that can be done (or should be done) to optimize it.

Ok, I have some good news and more good news regarding the Google Drive provider.

I've been playing around with the Google Drive provider and it had some issues which were not related to OAuth at all. In fact, the problem was that Google was returning 403 Forbidden HTTP status codes when there were too many requests sent. By default StableBit CloudDrive treats all 403 codes as an OAuth token failure. But Google being Google has a very thorough documentation page explaining all of the various error codes, what they mean and how to handle them.

Pretty awesome: https://developers.google.com/drive/web/handle-errors

So I've gone ahead and implemented all of that information into the Google Drive provider.

Another really neat thing that Google does for their APIs is not hide the limits.

Check this out:
bWZdFVw.png

That's absolute heaven for a developer. They even have a link to apply for a higher quota, how cool is that? (Are you listening Amazon?)

And I can even edit the per user limit myself!

So having fixed the 403 bug mentioned above, StableBit CloudDrive started working pretty well. However, it was bumping into that 10 requests / second limit. But this wasn't a huge problem because Google was kind enough to encourage exponential backoff (they suggested that very thing in the docs, and even provided the exact formula to use).

Having fixed Google Drive support I started thinking... Hmm... Google doesn't seem to care about how much bandwidth you're using, all they care about is the number of requests. So how awesome would it be if I implemented chunks larger than 1 MB. This could dramatically lower the number of requests per second and at the same time increase overall throughput. I know I said in the past that I wouldn't do that, but Google being so upfront with their limits, I decided to give it a shot.

And I implemented it, and it works. But there's one caveat. Chunks > 1 MB cannot have checksumming enabled. Because in order to verify a checksum of a chunk, the entire thing needs to be downloaded, and in order to make large chunks work I had to enable partial chunk downloading. There may be a way around this if we change our checksumming algorithm to checksum every 1MB, regardless of the actual chunk size. But that's not what it does now.

Download the latest internal BETA (1.0.0.410): http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

Please note that this is very much an experimental build and I haven't stress tested it at all, so I have no idea how it will behave under load yet. I've started uploading 900 GB right now using 10 MB chunks, and we'll see how that goes.

Do we have any best practice settings for Google Drive yet? I destroyed my old drive and started a new one with 10MB chunks. Seeing much better performance now, fewer errors, but don't want to upload a ton only to learn that using 100MB chunks would perform much better :)

Mainly concerned with sequential reads for video file archiving and maximum upload speed.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Do we have any best practice settings for Google Drive yet? I destroyed my old drive and started a new one with 10MB chunks. Seeing much better performance now, fewer errors, but don't want to upload a ton only to learn that using 100MB chunks would perform much better :)

Mainly concerned with sequential reads for video file archiving and maximum upload speed.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Not yet.  Best bet would be to "play around and see what works best" basically.

Ok, I have some good news and more good news regarding the Google Drive provider.

I've been playing around with the Google Drive provider and it had some issues which were not related to OAuth at all. In fact, the problem was that Google was returning 403 Forbidden HTTP status codes when there were too many requests sent. By default StableBit CloudDrive treats all 403 codes as an OAuth token failure. But Google being Google has a very thorough documentation page explaining all of the various error codes, what they mean and how to handle them.

Pretty awesome: https://developers.google.com/drive/web/handle-errors

So I've gone ahead and implemented all of that information into the Google Drive provider.

Another really neat thing that Google does for their APIs is not hide the limits.

Check this out:

bWZdFVw.png

That's absolute heaven for a developer. They even have a link to apply for a higher quota, how cool is that? (Are you listening Amazon?)

And I can even edit the per user limit myself!

So having fixed the 403 bug mentioned above, StableBit CloudDrive started working pretty well. However, it was bumping into that 10 requests / second limit. But this wasn't a huge problem because Google was kind enough to encourage exponential backoff (they suggested that very thing in the docs, and even provided the exact formula to use).

Having fixed Google Drive support I started thinking... Hmm... Google doesn't seem to care about how much bandwidth you're using, all they care about is the number of requests. So how awesome would it be if I implemented chunks larger than 1 MB. This could dramatically lower the number of requests per second and at the same time increase overall throughput. I know I said in the past that I wouldn't do that, but Google being so upfront with their limits, I decided to give it a shot.

And I implemented it, and it works. But there's one caveat. Chunks > 1 MB cannot have checksumming enabled. Because in order to verify a checksum of a chunk, the entire thing needs to be downloaded, and in order to make large chunks work I had to enable partial chunk downloading. There may be a way around this if we change our checksumming algorithm to checksum every 1MB, regardless of the actual chunk size. But that's not what it does now.

Download the latest internal BETA (1.0.0.410): http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

Please note that this is very much an experimental build and I haven't stress tested it at all, so I have no idea how it will behave under load yet. I've started uploading 900 GB right now using 10 MB chunks, and we'll see how that goes.

That's awesome to hear, keep up the great work! Can't wait to try it out!

Awesome info.... just need the unlimited google drive instead of ACD :(

You know you can get the google drive at work unlimited right? I pay 10 dollars a month for it, and its way better than amazon in my opinion.