ServeRaid M1015 issues

cechk01

Question

7 answers to this question

What version of StableBit Scanner are you using?

If you're using the current version (2.5.1.3062) or later, it should be "simple". Just do this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Advanced_Settings

Find the "Direct I/O" Section, check the "Unsafe" option, and reboot the system (or use "services.msc" to restart the "StableBit Scanner Service"). 

If that is still not getting SMART data, grab the DirectIO Test tool:

http://dl.covecube.com/DirectIoTest/

Download it, and run it on the system in question. Select one of the disks on the card (should be "ATA XXXXXXXX SCSI Device", where the "XXXXXXXXX" is the model of the drive).  It should take a minute, but update. See if the "SMART Attributes" section is "lit up" (green checkbox), in either the WMI or DirectIO section.

If not, check the "Unsafe Direct I/O" box. This should take a moment to update, and should show a green checkbox next to SMART Attributes.

So i restarted the service, I only see smart data for one drive. I Used the  DirectIO Test tool and even with the Unsafe DirectIO box checked i still get no SMART Attributes. The drive is a 4TB Seagate NAS drive, I see Smart data for the other ones hooked directly up to my motherboard

I'm on V 2.5.1.3062

So, even with the Unsafe DirectIO option turned on, only one of the drives is getting SMART data in StableBit Scanner?

And the Direct IO Test tool is getting SMART Attributes from more than just that one disk? 

If so, click on the ellipse button next to the SMART Attributes and make sure it's actually reporting something there (in some cases, it will get some info, but not the actual data). 

So, even with the Unsafe DirectIO option turned on, only one of the drives is getting SMART data in StableBit Scanner?

And the Direct IO Test tool is getting SMART Attributes from more than just that one disk? 

If so, click on the ellipse button next to the SMART Attributes and make sure it's actually reporting something there (in some cases, it will get some info, but not the actual data). 

this is what is see http://imgur.com/1NVh6y9

under the idenity button i see

Commands supported 1: 
Smart, SecurityMode, MandatoryPowerManagement, WriteCache, LookAhead, HostProtectedArea, WriteBuffer, ReadBuffer
Commands enabled 1: 
MandatoryPowerManagement, WriteCache, LookAhead, HostProtectedArea, WriteBuffer, ReadBuffer

notice smart is missing how do I enable this?

on an identical drive hooked up the the m1015 i see:
Commands supported 1: 
Smart, SecurityMode, MandatoryPowerManagement, WriteCache, LookAhead, HostProtectedArea, WriteBuffer, ReadBuffer
Commands enabled 1: 
Smart, MandatoryPowerManagement, WriteCache, LookAhead, HostProtectedArea, WriteBuffer, ReadBuffer

These drives were both fresh from newegg, model number: ST4000VN000-1H4168