Server 2012 Essentials r2

lee1978

Question

Hi Chris

my vss service has failed on my whs2011 server due to a naff Ms update so I have decided to install server 2012.

Installation went fine followed the get started procedure domain is all set up, I can Remote Desktop into the server access it online via the domain, it's not visible on the network and none of the pc's can connect to the domain I get the error active domain service ad-ds unavailable also the launchpad connector fails to install I can download it but says server is unavailable when installing any help would be appreciated i tryed to PM you but your in box is full I might have to book a remote session over the weekend lol

Thx

Lee

2 answers to this question

If the "Active Directory Domain Services" is unavailable, then "something" is really wrong here. That's a core component of Server 2012 (R2) essentials. 

Make sure the DNS settings for the server is set to itself (127.0.0.1 at least), and make sure that the clients are pointed to the server as the DNS server.

Also make sure that the Windows Server Essentials services are running on the server.

And I've fixed the PM issue.