BSOD

JazzMan

Question

Hello, Drivepool works very well, but I am having an issue.  Over the course of about a week my computer's available memory gradually decreases and eventually I get a BSOD like in the attached.  Unfortunately when this happens, although Windows is set to reboot on error, it is not doing that, I believe because the file system is not available for it to write the dump/log file.  I could almost live with this if the computer would reboot, but I often remote into this PC, so when it does die, I have to physically go to it to reboot it, which is not convenient.

I am not sure what other info you need, so here is some, but let me know what else;

Running Windows 7 64-bit with SP1.  16GB RAM.

DrivePool version 2.2.0.570 BETA

The C (boot) drive is not part of any pool.

The D: drive is a pool of about 20TB about half of which is free.  This is all just data; no OS stuff.  The entire D drive/pool is set for duplication (x2).

The main activity on the PC is downloads and uploads being performed by one other program. There is maybe 10GB data written to the D drive each day as maybe a few thousand files.  I know devs are sensitive about "memory leaks" but right now I do not believe it is the other program that is seemingly eating up and not freeing the memory. 

Thanks,

David

post-174-0-81137600-1440254159_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Could you upload the crash dump from the system?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Crashes

This should give a good indication of what is going on, exactly. 

And I'd say upgrade to the 2.2.0.636 build, but we're experiencing issue with our download servers. If you really want to get it, let me know and I'll email it to you.