Unable to select full drive encryption in 1.0.0.321

thnz

Question

Upgrading from 1.0.0.307.

When creating a new cloud disk, I'm unable to select 'full drive encryption' in 1.0.0.321. When checking the check box nothing happens. The 'settings' button becomes clickable, but clicking that also does nothing.

I'm also unable to reattach another disk. It says it attached successfully, but I never get a prompt to unlock it. I can click 'attach' again, but then it warns that its already attached to another (THIS) computer. When attaching, and clicking 'advanced settings' it lists the drive as having a 0b sector size (not sure if this is relevant).

Downgrading back to 1.0.0.307 and everything works again.

5 answers to this question

Could you grab the logs from "C:\ProgramData\StableBit CloudDrive\" and upload them?

Also, when you try to reattach a drive, is it erroring out on the cache part?
And could you check to see if "CloudPart.xxxx" exists?  If it does, and you don't have any attached clouddrives, try deleting this folder.

Doing some testing myself, the encryption issue may be related to the upgraded process.  I was only able to reproduce it when upgrading. But I'm definitely able to reproduce the re-attach issues

Deleting the cloudpart.xxxx folder had no effect - it was still unable to reattach. IIRC there was no error displayed.

I've uploaded the log folder here. I can't remember the exact times I was fiddling around, but it should be somewhere in yesterday's log (Aug 6). FWIW both problems happened on two different computers - both upgrading from .307 to .321. It's good that you can reproduce them.

I see that in .320 a fix was made for a 'deadlock with the cache manager'. Is this the same problem from the other thread? I see that issue #17719 is still open.

Deleting the cloudpart.xxxx folder had no effect - it was still unable to reattach. IIRC there was no error displayed.

I've uploaded the log folder here. I can't remember the exact times I was fiddling around, but it should be somewhere in yesterday's log (Aug 6). FWIW both problems happened on two different computers - both upgrading from .307 to .321. It's good that you can reproduce them.

Okay.  Make sure that the UI says "1.0.0.32x". If it doesn't, then it didn't properly upgrade, and could be part of the issue.

I see that in .320 a fix was made for a 'deadlock with the cache manager'. Is this the same problem from the other thread? I see that issue #17719 is still open.

Yes, this is related to the issue, but we haven't tested it out well enough to say "it's fixed".  Also, I believe that it is a partial fix (to one aspect of the issue, at least).  Alex will update the Issue when it's fixed (as this is how we keep track of the bugs and feature requests)

I found after initially installing .321 on top of .307 that the GUI was still reporting it as .307. I then uninstalled and reinstalled to get it up to .321.

I found that doing a complete uninstall and deleting the programdata subdir, and then reinstalling fixed the 'full drive encryption' bug, in that it was then selectable. However as drives still couldn't be reattached, I've downgraded back to .307 for the time being.