Minor annoyance (maybe Directory Opus)

SamStoat

Question

I have a problem deleting files from my drivepool. Whenever I delete a file, it seems to be renamed as a $ followed by a series of 7 random characters, with the same extension. Hitting refresh makes the file disappear, as it should have.

I use Directory Opus, so it might be a quirk of that software or Drivepool's. It's not much of a problem, but it can be annoying as the new $ file takes focus away from the place I was in the folder list.

Should this be happening?

5 answers to this question

It's definitely a quirk with Directory Opus.

Specifically, you're seeing the "recycle bin file name" (this is how deleted files are stored in the recycle bin specifically).  It looks like Directory Opus isn't refreshing properly (or we may not be sending the file system commands it's looking or).

If you could download the latest beta version, it may fix the issue:

32-bit: http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.631_x86_BETA.exe

64-bit: http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.631_x64_BETA.exe

I have exactly the same problem with Directory Opus. However, I finally got everything working great and am afraid to try the Beta Pool. Ha ha. Guess I'll live with it.

There is no problem with that. 

However, myself and various other members do use these beta builds in production. 

And for the most part, they are fairly stable. They're released in responses to specific issues, for the most part.  But if you're weary, then please hold off.