Minor caution on latest beta 629/630

nevergrownup

Question

Just FYI for those of us who tend to stay on the bleeding edge of the latest betas. I'm not sure if this is just me or if it will affect others installing build 630+, but 630 changes the default appearance of the pool drive to no longer appear as a removable drive. This caused Windows to assign my pool a new drive letter and apparently caused Drivepool to lose all of my file placement rules and balancing plugin settings. Fortunately it wasn't too hard to reconfigure, but just a caution that installing the latest beta might blow away your settings or confuse Windows a bit. Just the dangers of living on the edge. Hopefully this is an issue that was limited to me or that is easily corrected before the next full release.

2 answers to this question

I can definitely confirm the behavior, and reproduce it.

Specifically, the balancing (including file placement rules) are attached to a specific pool ID, and I think that is what is changing.

I've flagged the issue for Alex (the developer), and we'll look into resolving this issue.

Regards