Cannot create drive on any provider

mirekmal1

Question

Just installe CloudDrive on WHS 2011 and run into troubles. While I can connect to different providers (I tried Amazon Cloud, Box, network share and local disc), while trying to create the disk, on any of these, I get error message 'Invalid drive size' I tried to change the size and some Advanced settings, but no change... Using latest beta 1.0.0.283... Any advise? 

7 answers to this question

Is this for any size?

There is a limit on minimum (128MBs), and a maximum (very, very high).  But it also is limited by how much space the provider has available. 

Also, could you see if you could upgrade to the 1.0.0.297 build, and see if that helps?

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/

Christopher,

I installed latest version and issue remained, but then... I think, at least partially, I nailed it down, by accident, while playing with numbers. Previously I only used numbers from drop-down list, that are always in format of XX.XX YB. As you mentioned minimum size of drive different from anything on that list, I started to play with hand entered numbers that were entered without decimal part and then it started to work! So I managed to create drive on all used providers, by manually entering their size, without decimal part! I think this might have eventually something to do with regional settings of my machine, that are somehow inconsistent (e.g. location is Poland, but regional settings are UK, with change to decimal separator and digit grouping symbol ;) ).

Now, once I created test drives, I hit however another problem - now I can't attach any of these drives to my server... Process ends without any error message, only in notifications I can see: Error, Create / attach 10.0 GB cloud drive, Incorrect function. I can only guess that this might be the same problem as described above, unfortunately I cannot fix it by hand, as fields that contains Advanced Settings parameters are resetting themselves to default format, with decimal part, once they loose focus. Same applies for all provider (real could, network share and even local disk, however this one does not need parameters other than sector and storage chunk sizes). Any suggestions regarding next step?