I/O deadlock?

dragon2611

Question

Is it possible to get into a situation where the I/O seems to deadlock, I have a 2012r2 machine I was copying 300GB or so of data to onedrive Business including lots of small files,

It Looks like the copying has stopped but also I cannot bring up task manager and a shutdown -r -f -t 30 command is hanging.  Hoping that it's cloud drive and not one of the disks in the box is failing.

I've seen some more corruption occur, though I'm unsure when and how. This time there was definitely no ungraceful restarts or crashes. This morning DrivePool was reporting inconsistent duplication, and removing the clouddrive from drivepool gave the following error:

DrivePool.Service.exe	Warning	0	[RemoveDriveFromPool] Error scanning for and closing existing open handled to pool part. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable	2015-09-25 22:51:04Z	152107466120
DrivePool.Service.exe	Warning	0	[RemoveDriveFromPool] Error removing \\?\Volume{acaa6ea1-74c0-4651-ba49-56abf3959b7f}\PoolPart.42720267-d5e1-4ddc-bd63-6f9f8310234d\ from the pool. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable	2015-09-25 22:51:06Z	152114294960

The CloudDrive involved was created a few days ago and a single folder was duplicated to it. The system had been restarted a few times since, although it was always done gracefully. I believe that data was currently being uploaded at the times the computer was restarted, though aren't certain if this is relevant or not. I had received the same error after the non-graceful-restart corruption issue, though as all restarts were graceful this time I can't say if it was the same issue or not.

If I get time later, I'll try to reproduce it.

*edit* It could possibly have occurred after installing .379 over .378 and then restarting while data was uploading, though it would have been a normal, safe restart. I'm unsure of the order of events.

I'm on .381 and uploads are nice and stable, but still being throttled to 5Mbit.

Any update on Amazon approving your Production build? (i think that's what is going on)

Nope, no news. 

As for the throttling, that is in part Amazon, but also because we capped the upload and download threads to 2, so it may be significantly slower. This was done intentionally, to provide an "usable" experience to all users, at the expense of speed/throughput (more people using it, and at high speeds means more throttling...)