How to delete cloud drive?

Carlo

Question

I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to delete a cloud drive.

I originally created a 50GB Amazon Cloud Drive but meant it to be 50TB.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove this 50GB drive.

Any suggestions?

Carlo

10 answers to this question

I'm sure I'll get used to the GUI but it's just not intuative in Windows programs to not have a menu choice or "tools" icon that you click on to bring up options.  In this case there is sort of a tools icon but it doesn't do what you initially think it should do.  Having to look half way down the page and then finding a VERY SMALL drop down under a graphic is not intuitive nor common practice in Windows programming.

That's what I meant by not "conventional" in the above post.

Carlo

PS But GUI design is 2nd in my book to stability and functionality.

I agree with the overall sentiment of the OP regarding the UI. If I delivered a UI to one of my clients that I had to explain and teach them to use rather than extrapolate and deduce from their prior experience, I would expect them to be pissed.

> And we went for simplicity and functionality.

Disagree. Simplicity would be to use conventions that are already in place and known to the majority of the target audience. They should not have to think much, if at all, about the UI. 

I agree with the overall sentiment of the OP regarding the UI. If I delivered a UI to one of my clients that I had to explain and teach them to use rather than extrapolate and deduce from their prior experience, I would expect them to be pissed.

> And we went for simplicity and functionality.

Disagree. Simplicity would be to use conventions that are already in place and known to the majority of the target audience. They should not have to think much, if at all, about the UI. 

Aside from the deleting the clouddrives, what specific issues do you have with the UI?

I can't figure this out at all! Could you let me know where the delete option is on 1.0.0.403 beta please!

Ta

Never mind - it's the hidden up triangle on drive options for future googlers :-)

Detach, destroy, and a number of other options (such as prefetching settings, IO threads, etc) are all in the "Drive Options". 

I'm pretty much completely lost as well.  Where are "drive options"?  I see this nowhere.

Here are my issues so far:

1.  Can't figure out how to "reset" a connected profile to point it to another account.  For example I authorized OnDrive through my hotmail account but decided to create my own business office 365 account but cannot for the life of me figure out how to relink.   All I can do is connect over and over again.

2.  Can't figure out how to view the details of a linked account.  I want to see the account name that was used and other pertinent details (and change them as needed similar to 1 above).

3.  Expected to be able to "right click" on each provider to bring up available actions (such as requested above).

Drive Options is under the left pie chart, for each individual disk. 

1. I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. But you can connect to multiple, different accounts at the same time. It's not one at a time only.  However, to disconnect an entire account, click on the "X" next to it. This will log out the account.

Additionally, when creating the account, you can name it anything you want, but using the email address may be the simplest solution here (but yes, we could include more information here, I'll request that).

2. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe that we don't actually get the account details. Specifically, all we get are authorization tokens/codes from the providers. We store and use those, but we don't store the account information. This is actually a much more secure way of connecting to the account, as you're credentials can't be compromised via our software (if there was an exploit for our products). 

So, if you need to identify the account, you can use the "Connection Name" value to set that (either to the email address used, or to something else meaningful, or both).

3. Not sure what you mean here