Major issue

acdcking12

Question

So I cloned my SSD so that I could image it over to a newer larger one.

I always forget to deactivate the license. So when I booted up with the new SSD, drivepool came up and asked me to transfer the license. I did that. Then it went into the program and my drivepool is gone.

All 7 drives are seen by windows. I go into the device manager and they are all there. I can attach a drive letter and they all work too. But drivepool wont see anything. Claims I do not have a drivepool at all.

What specifically do I need to do to get the drivepool back again?

Extra development!!  I went ahead and reset the drivepool settings completely. Now drivepool sees the drives and asks me to add them to the pool. When I do this, I get an error saying I cant add the drive to more than 1 pool. And the covedisk is showing a yellow explanation point in device manager.

thanks

2 answers to this question

So as an second development, I followed the directions to completely remove drivepool, including the reg keys, etc. I then rebooted and reinstalled. Once it was installed, the covedisk tries to install and fails again.

I am not sure why drivepool causing me these headaches just swapping to a new boot disk. Happened on the previous one too. I rebuilt windows and it was fine again. It simply should not react like this simply by swapping the boot disk to a new one.

What version of StableBit DrivePool are you using, and what operating system?

ANd did you do one of the following?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q8964978

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q3017479

If so, could you grab the "setup" logs from "C:\Windows\Inf\"?