Need some clarity in setup text and help.

Reded23

Question

A couple of things that need more help text.

The first issue I had was when trying to connect to a cloud supplier (Google in this instance). I was presented with a Dialog with simply the work Name. Name what ? Name of my google account ? My name ? I eventually worked out it was the name of this Cloud Drive.

Next thing was after connecting and setting up a password, I checked the advanced settings. I stopped at this point as there's a box checked that says format my drive and as it has selected my main local storage drive.....wow, surely this is a description error and not that it will format my drive ?

Will test more once the above is clarified ;-)

5 answers to this question

Answering all my own questions...If I de attach and reattach I get the option to unlock each time I launch Windows.

One more question...how do I create a cloud drive at home and then access it at work (without detaching from home) ?

For the name, you can specify anything you want there. It's just to label the account, so you know which is which (in the case of having multiple accounts of the same provider).

And yes, detaching and reattaching the drive is how to control how it appears. 

As for accessing multiple places, you'd need to detach it first, otherwise, multiple systems writing to it at the same time can cause corruption. That's why we have the limitation here.  Creating a workaround to this issue would be very complicated.

However, it should let you forcibly attach a drive, if you absolutely need to.

Thanks, I'm a Software Product designer so coming from my work perspective, I was thinking that you could have some more descriptive text for some of the items (like name), even tool tips when you hover over them.

So if I detach would I have to take the drive with me or is there a way to connect to an already setup cloud drive on another machine ?

Great app by the way !

Well, thank you for the feedback! And I've already mentioned it to Alex.

Though, I'm wrong. For most of the providers, it doesn't matter. But for Microsoft Azure, the name does matter (and possibly for other, future providers). 

In future builds, we'll see about clarifying.

Also, when you log into the provider, it will list all the available CloudDrive's you've created. This way, you can access them easily, even if you've ended up reinstalling!

As for "take the drive with you", only if it's using the local storage provider. Otherwise, as I've mentioned above, you'll see it listed on the other system.

And thank you! We're glad to hear that you think it's great!