Why isn't XYZ Provider available?

Christopher (Drashna)

Question

Not every Cloud Provider is going to be listed. And that's okay.

For the public beta, we focused on the most prolific and popular cloud storage providers.

If you don't see a specific provider in StableBit CloudDrive, let us know and we'll look into it.
If you can provide a link to the SDK/API, it would be helpful, but it's not necessary.

Just because you see it listed here does not me we will add the provider. Whether we add them or not depends on a number of factors, including time to develop them, stability, reliability, and functionality, among other factors.

Providers already requested:

Providers that will not be added:

• Degoo
    • No publicly accessible API.
    • Without an API that support reading and writing files to the provider, there is no possibility of adding support for this provider. 
  • Sync.com
    • No publicly accessible API
    • Without an API that support reading and writing files to the provider, there is no possibility of adding support for this provider. 
  • Amazon Glacier
    • https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/16676
    • There is a 4+ hour wait time to access uploaded data. This means Amazon Glacier completely unusable to us. We couldn't even perform upload verification on content due to this limitation. 
  • HubiC
  • CrashPlan?
  • MediaFire
    • Not suitable due to stability issues.
  • Thunderdrive
    • No publicly accessible API.
  • LiveDrive
    • No Publicly accessible API.
  • Zoolz
    • No Publicly accessible (developer) API

MediaFire is an experimental provider, and very experimental.  I would recommend not using it. 

I was playing around with settings and noticed that I could enable beta providers.  I see that MediaFire is now included.  I tried to enter more than 1 account and it failed.  Is this intentional at this time, or shall I just wait for the next beta / submit this as a problem ticket?

Thanks again for such awesome software!

And was this issue with the MediaFire provider specifically, or a different one?

I'd like to know when you will start adding providers. I especialy want to see hubiC, as it offers good price for storage. 

Thanks for the information.

Once we have a stable release for all three products, we'll then see about adding additional providers. Until then, we're focusing on StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner, as it's ... been a few years since either has had a stable Release version (waaay too long). 

I did not see anyone mentioning SpiderOak yet.
Here is their API:

https://spideroak.com/apis/

They are very "privacy-oriented" which is something I did not care about that much, but they do from time to time offer unlimited storage plans for which I did care quite a bit :)
Hopefully, it is not a big deal to add them to the list of supported providers.

MediaFire is an experimental provider, and very experimental.  I would recommend not using it. 

And was this issue with the MediaFire provider specifically, or a different one?

Sorry for my late reply:

It was specific to MediaFire.  I have multiple Google Drives, Multiple DropBox drives.  I have not tried this with the most recent version of the CloudDrive install.  This was a beta from back when I posted this question.  Has anything changed that I should try to test this out?

Sorry for my late reply:

It was specific to MediaFire.  I have multiple Google Drives, Multiple DropBox drives.  I have not tried this with the most recent version of the CloudDrive install.  This was a beta from back when I posted this question.  Has anything changed that I should try to test this out?

With regards to MediaFire, no.  We haven't changed anything really, and the issues with the provider were "server side" or at least in the way the API and server work...

Could you please add this S3-compatible cloud provider to the list:  Wasabi (wasabi.com)?    Thank you

To be blunt, no need.   If we add "S3 compatible providers", it will be a universal provider, and you'd just need to input the URLs for it.  

Since that means that we wouldn't need specific providers for each S3 type provider,.....

But if we do need to add a list, we'll make sure this gets added.

Do we have an update on Mega.nz?

I see under the list its still being worked on, but this has been like this for a few years. Mega.nz offers unlimited storage and does have an api set. So shouldn't be to hard to setup. I know there are mount programs now like Netdrive and Raidrive that have support for it. I would be nice to have this as an option.

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/15659

On 11/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, TK423 said:

Does this mean that iDrive is currently compatible with CloudDrive? I'm struggling to get my iDrive account working with CloudDrive.

Yes, it should be. 

Their docs should cover everything you need to get it set up: https://www.idrive.com/cloud/faq#s3-credentials

Just select the Amazon S3 provider, and select the S3 compatible provider option.